Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
please help me!! - rose2010
hi dear friends!
first of all i am repeat applicant i didn't match last yr with 10 ivs,and i applied this yr for internal medicine again and so far i have got just 1 iv and today i decided to apply for some prelim program as well.i have some q
1)what is the chance of repeat applicant to mach the same program i applied last yr
i heard some program even do not consider repeat applicant!!
2)if i wanna choose prelim is it good to use the same lor and ps,i have lor only for im.
in summary i have no idea about applying for prelim please help regarding that
thank you so much and best of luck for everybody
No one can tell you the chances buddy. It is so tough this year, more than last year and even programs are telling this.

How come you did not match with 10 iv's last yr? Did you perform poorly or something in iv's? Do well in your 1 iv this time and ask prematch if they offer.
i asked for prematch and he told me you are strong applicant but now is soon to offer prematch he politely meant we dont offer you prematch i thinkSad((((((((
can I ask why do you think was the reason you didn't match even with 10 interviews ?
ECFMG certificate, year of graduate ... played a role ?
i dont know why !!my credential is 92 89 cs pass first attempt gy 2004 lots of experience here!!!!!!!!!
i really appreciate if somebody tell me about q 2(prelim...)
thank you
if you mean prelim internal medicine, yes the same LOR and PS suffice
good luck
I was in the same position as you a few month ago. Take step3 !
Find USCE, research get some publication. Take personality improvement or presentation course ( I took the latter one) These will greatly improve your chance.
SOrry I don't know much about prelim.
GL
Attend Dr Brian's IV prep course. It is only 100 bucks and it changed my entire strategy. This will help you do better in your future IVs. I guess the problem is you did not impress them well enough in your previous IVs. Don't loose hope. Keep updating your resume with USCE or research. USCE is better than anything.

Good Luck
thank you all for your helpful reply.
@imggrad1 where i can buy it?
i searched it in amazon.com i couldn't find the exact thing you said.
good luck
really I am sorry to hear that. were thses programs , university ones or compititve ones.may be that is the reason.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »