Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any suggestion on this? URGENT !!!!! - luago
Guys,
Apologies for bothering you with our problems! I applied to surgery and being an old grad didn't expect any interview! But to my surprise I got 3 interviews! I'm done with two interviews, one of which has shown very keen interest in me (but no prematch)! My wife applied to Paediatrics, had many more interviews, and to her surprise was offered a prematch on her very first interview!! It is tougher to match in surgery! We were thinking if one of us to stay back home for baby care, it'll be my wife! The only reason being it will be easier for her to match in Paeds later than mine matching into surgery in future!! I was thinking is there any way she can dilly dally for the time being saying yes to prematch, and in case I'm being offered a prematch later she can say no afterwards?? Can you buy roughly about one month's time before accepting prematch? What's the best excuse for asking such extended time? We are thoroughly puzzled at the moment! Would greatly appreciate any suggestion!
peds is also getting pretty tough...realize this fact before you decide on something...in some cases, delay in accepting a prematch might cost a lott...
u can always hire a baby sitter or any onsite daycare which some programs have!
Thanks drkaly! Wish you the very best!
Luago,
It is not advisable to dilly dally on the prematch offered. Either you take it or leave it. If you leave it, you will not be ranked by that program. If you accept it, it is binding and you will be disqualified if you withdraw for another program. Also, find out how long you have before you can give your decision on this offer. Some programs have a time limit like a day, two days or maximum a week and some simply ignore if you don't accept it immediately. Be careful, you both may end up not being matched. Match is a big gamble and you cannot risk your future unless you are certain you will get offers or will be ranked by the other programs you IV with.

Good Luck
Let your wife accept prematch.Matching process is unpredictable.Don't Miss your chance.Even if you match/prematch still you can take care of your baby with help of baby sitter.
go to the prematch
Hi luago...

Please can u shre ur credentials... i am trying to get surgery but have lost hope since i am an old graduate.. 2003...

can u please tell me both you and your wife's year of passing and credentials... do u guys need visa?

i though i will take on im. paeds only..

please please do help!
luago please do reply! i will be very greatfull to u !
That's so selfish that it borders being outright disgusting. She should take the prematch and advance her career.

You live one day at a time. Her chance came in first. You should be happy about it and support her. If later on you match in some other city, any of you can then try to swap positions (This is more realistic than waiting another year).

this is ridiculous. when both of you applied this year, were you hoping that she will go unmatched to take care of the baby.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »