Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
no interview yet... - yyhjsese
I'm a young graduate (graduated last year) and have 5 months externship experience in the US (at doctor's clinics though FMG) and have low scores (shameful to mention, but 79 for step 1 and 86 for step 2, all at first attempt. On October, I passed step 3 and I sent letters regarding this change in my status to all programs I applied for.) and have 3 LORs from US doctors and 1 LOR from my own country. I need a visa sponsorship.

I applied for the IM and FM programs on September, the 1st. I have been waiting for interview invitations but received none. I only got one phone interview. I know that my step 1 score is so low but because of the 7 year rule, I can't do anything on that.

Is there anyone who got interviews or made a successful match with low scores like me? Or, do you know anyone like that? Please let me know the story. Would there be anything that I can to at this point to be competitive?

Other then the score, do you see anything that could be a weakness in my resume?

Now, I'm being kind of desperate and really need some help.
I'll appreciate anybody's comment.

only thing is keep improving the USCE and hope for the best ! try out uni hospital observerships or externships and research.. i know its really hard to find one but thats the only thing which can help u !one more thing i need to know frm u is that did u see ur LOR which FMG affiliated doc gave u! ?if yes than did it have any logo of FMG on the letter and hw it was in general !?

i am asking coz i did externship with FMG affiliated doc and i waived my rgt to see my LOR and so the doc did not give me the chance to see my LOR and he sealed it and sent it by post to ERAS ! i am wondering whether these guys are giving good LOR's or not !?

did ur doc do similar thing to u and where did u do ur externship ?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »