Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
♥♥♥ROL Experiences of Last Year: - cafe
AN ARROGANT AMERICAN IMG's POST.
@cafe

Stop.

Just stop.

Your initial post is all I needed to ascertain the fact that you have no idea what you're talking about and that the fact the programs you interviewed at last year didnt rank you high enough, was too big of a pill to swallow for you so you came up with this ridiculous ROL conspiracy to cope with the undeniable truth.

What you are doing now is nothing more than a tactical retreat.

You made it very clear in your post that you thought the order in which you put your programs played a big role when in reality it didn't mean diddly squat.

Do yourself a favor and stop lying. Its very unbecoming of a physician.

You were misinformed and didnt know how things work. There's no shame in that but to try and cover it up is appalling.

Admit you were wrong. Man up to it and move on.

As for that bit about you not having a problem with interviewing skills, I beg to differ.

I think that played the biggest role in your demise last year. your creds got you your invites but your subsequent interview outcome is what made the programs rank you low. Chew on that a bit.

Moofy out.
Nice, Moofy. Agree completely.......
Ok, have to jump into this fightSmile After reading the OP's/cafe posts and the replies by moofy and others, it seems to me that neither of them is wrong.

OP seems to want to convey that he might have missed his/her chances of matching because he/she ranked all the top programs where AMG's have higher chances than IMG's at the top of his/her ROL.

In the process OP thinks that by the time the software/algorithm came to the 10th or 14th program on his/her ROL, those programs have already filled their spots with others who had ranked those programs higher than the OP. So luck does play a part in this whole process. Its a bit like controlled gamblingSmile

The OP also made a mistake of not ranking all the programs he/she had because one of those programs that was not ranked might have ranked the OP among their top (using the OP's example, among the programs' top 5 if they have 5 spots).

So everyone seems to have valid points in this thread. No need to fight guys, and no need to say bad things about Americans. The forum is supposed to be for this kind of discussion itself and not fighting among ourselves.

We are all here because Americans are allowing us to be in their country and giving us a chance to succeed. Which other country do you all know that is as friendly as America to everyone, even to muslims in this present day and age? Looks bad on us if we are coming to their country and talking ill of them! As moofy said, "unbecoming of a physician".

All the best to everyone, may your dreams come true. Peace out...
Finally, someone understands!! I will not comment on the racist as****** that come to my country and criticize us. They should remain in their slums instead of coming to my country and beg.
@unimd

Wrong again. I think you need a refreshers course on the whole process. If another applicant had ranked the IMG friendly program higher than TS, that applicant would have a tentative match.

As the system works its way down the list, the aforementioned applicant would be bumped off the list given that TS is ranked higher.

I can't believe that a bunch of doctors after watching the NRMP instructional video and reading the examples provided, still cant fathom the inner workings of the ROL.

Do not listen to this explaination. Its crap. It does not matter at all where you keep your program in ROL. Keep whatever you think is best. Dont think whether you are good enough for that program or not.
I l give an example. Suppose I am an IMG, I have calls from Hopkins, Harvard and Stanford. And I also have calls from Good Sam Baltimore, Washington hospital center, albert einstein philly etc etc. Now I am preparing my rol. What will I do? I will definitely put Harvard no 1 , hopkins no 2, stanford no 3; no matter what they rank me and I l put those 3 community programs below at 4, 5 and 6.
Now if harvard doesnt rank me, then the nrmp program will see whether hopkins has ranked me, if hopkins hasnt, then stanford and so on. If suppose albert einstein has ranked me , I l match there. Did I loose anything ??? NOOO . I probably had less chance of matching at top notch programs but then i atleast gave myself a chance.

Now just suppose we make ROL as per what we think that xyz program will rank us and bla bla as mentioned in above post. So lets say I rank good sam 1, whc 2 and albert 3, then I rank harvard, hopkins and stanford at 4,5 and 6. Now the nrmp runs the match for me. Suppose good sam hasnt ranked me -- okk.. my list goes down to no 2 program of my rol. that wud be washington hospital center --correct..if whc has ranked me, i l straight away match in whc. THATS IT. NRMP WOULD STOP AT THAT POINT ANY MY LIST WONT GO DOWN FROM ROL 2. so i didnt even get a chance to match at top notch uni. Now imagine if stanford had ranked me; that means I screwed my rol because my list got stuck as i ranked whc no 2 and whc ranked me too. SO we matched. n since I didnt rank stanford higher, i didnt even give myself a chance to match at stanford.

I know i have given a complicated explanation but I just dont want to guys to mislead. BOTTOM LINE JUST MAKE YOUR ROL AS YOU WANT TO MAKE IT. DONT THINK HOW YOUR IV WENT OR HOW WAS THE PD WITH U. MAKE SURE YOU RANK THE BEST PROGRAMS OF UR LIST FIRST IRRESPECTIVE OF HOW UR IV WENT OR HOW GOOD/BAD THAT PROGRAM PD WAS WITH. RANK THE BEST FIRST AND THEN MOVE DOWNWARDS.

By the way, I matched last year in a uni program, but still I surf the forum now and then. I couldnt resist the temptation of these misconceptions going on in forum and therefore dropped in to write something.
Best luck guys.
May all of u match.
and just to add to my example, if a community program like good sam - if it ranked me 5, then no matter how many programs i have at the top of my rol, if i dont match in any of the above, i will still match at good sam because they have ranked me really high.
What pisses me off the most is that TS knows he's wrong and whenever someone posts something with the slightest inkling of agreement to his original post, he pops back up with his "I told you so" and " Finally someone who understands me" crap.

LOL

Take home message.

Don't listen to TS. He's wrong and won't man up to it.
I would love to know whether he actually follows his own crappy advice come ROL submission time......
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »