Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
♥♥♥ROL Experiences of Last Year: - cafe
bump
lol @ lolared50
PLEASE STOP MISLEADING PEOPLE CAFE. You did not match because no program had you high enough of their rank order list to make the match. Do not blame it on how you ranked theses programs.

Direct quote from NRMP: How the Match Algorithm Works

"Applicants should rank programs in actual order of preference. Their choices should not be influenced by speculation about whether a program will rank them high, low, or not at all. The position of a program on an applicant's rank order list will not affect that applicant's position on the program's rank order list, and therefore will not affect the program's preference for matching with that applicant as compared with any other applicants to the program. During the matching process, an applicant is placed in his/her most preferred program that ranks the applicant and does not fill all its positions with more preferred applicants. Therefore, rank number one should be the applicant's most preferred choice."

People please read and understand the entire document for yourselves. PLEASE!!!

http://www.nrmp.org/res_match/about_res/algorithms.html
See why this statement made by Unimed

" In the process OP thinks that by the time the software/algorithm came to the 10th or 14th program on his/her ROL, those programs have already filled their spots with others who had ranked those programs higher than the OP. So luck does play a part in this whole process. Its a bit like controlled gamblingSmile "

is WRONG

Direct quote from NRMP: How the Match Algorithm Works

"Matches are "tentative" because an applicant who is matched to a program at one point in the matching process may be removed from the program at some later point, to make room for an applicant more preferred by the program, as described in the second case above. When an applicant is removed from a previously made tentative match, an attempt is made to re-match that applicant, starting from the top of his/her list. This process is carried out for all applicants, until each applicant has either been tentatively matched to the most preferred choice possible, or all choices submitted by the applicant have been exhausted. When all applicants have been considered, the match is complete and all tentative matches become final."
Get the facts for yourselves people and stop reading myths. You all are educated thinkers.
u mean programs will go down according to there ROL preferences
bump
Really stupid post
i want my 5 min back!
why every1 fights all time in forum? All are new to country and takes time to understand everythng in this place. My 2nd match and i can say i know more now than last match.

saw sum time back dat this cafe prematched. so everyone learns from experience. rank wer u wan2go simple and if you get pm take it.

I got GC but is not helping me and i have 80's scores 1st attempt, recent grad. no one on forum knows wat programs all look for.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »