Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
lincoln hospital psychiatry prematch. - tootu
I had my interview in lincoln psych. program in october,they liked me a lot, they are offering prematches, should I ask about my possibility for prematch or is there any body who got prematch offer from lincoln psych. program?please answer me , Iwill really appreciate.
During the last 4 yr they have been extending prematches (in october) to people who worked as research assistants (people who the PD already knows, 2 dominicans last year, etc etc) in there. They only leave 1 position for the match and the rest to the people that worked in the mentioned positions.

That's the sad true about lincoln. 3 friends and miself are in the same position unfortunately. Smooth and smiling interviewers but no news from them ='(. The Prematches are already signed
Thanks ozpy for your response,you are quite observant,but if some program already knows me,quite happy with me but still no response from them,then what one should do?
The PD is the one that gives the prematch (in october according to his previous moves in the last 4 years). He should be the one to talk to. Another option is to ask for a research position.

Residents mentioned they give prematches to people that worked there doing research. The attendings and chief resident were very polite, smiling all the time. My friends and myself thought they liked us too... But how can we outstand in interviews like that? Most of the time the results are cooked already. Those ivs were made to follow the protocol.
gajindranauth
@mdnyc, gajindranauth does not work there any more.
hi! i interviewed with them but havent heard from them since.
Im doing my ROL... and cant find them on the list anymore!!! does that mean they've prematched all their positions?!

I remember the PD saying that he'd leave one or two positions for the match....

any news? I was thnking of sending an email and asking about this, or about their program code.
I interviewed there 2 years ago late in January. then they didn;t offer any prematch and they specifically told us they were going to decide after the last day of interview about prematches AFTER they interviewed anyone. so for sure the last 4 years they didn;t offer prematches early. It is one of the worst programs in NY
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »