Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
guys tell me - door2success
Guys!i met a girl during my iv last week in connecticut.she was a fmg and her husband is a intern in a newyork program and she has been here since a year i believe.no gc.scores in 90.s.she told me she got 24 ivs,do u guys think she is honest?
No! It's a lie. Just like everyone you talk to has a 99 on Step 1 and 2. Not even AMGs go on 24 ivs.
maybe she applied to 350 programs. But to be honest, how does that affect your life?
That did affect.she told this to me before the ivs and i felt low that day.i just had a couple of ivs in my hand.i am not blaming but y do these people lie like this.
dude!
stop letting other ppl control ur life... if she was lying, its her problem!
focus on the things u have @ hand.

GC helps bigtime... if she applied to programs that do not sponsor visa, she will be called and many imgs with better scores will not...

and scores, by itself is a poor indicator of the strength of application.

today i interviewed in a community hospital and the PD said - "I dont want a resident who studies a lot! triple 99 is not what im looking for in a candidate!"

now, how does anyone respond to this?
door2success,

few things in life;

1.people lie left and right
2.people are quite honest
3.your life is independent of others' facts
4.your curiosity is justified. some IMGs get 25 or more IVs
5.dont let other people's "success" stories bother you
6.you need to socialize with people who make your one IV as the most unique IV in the earth.
7.if possible marry to an intern LOL

be good.
I liked the 7th one.
yup,

two birds with one stone...

any interns out there pscyasp is ready to tie the knot!!
I dont think she is lying. My boyfriend received over 20 invites and he has 88 and 90 on steps I and II. He is us citizen but IMG. He did apply to about 100 IM programs though. It's not all scores.
Okay,

Why you have to be up set? Even if she is honest in her statement, this should has nothing to do with you and your preparation for the interview!
Sure there are so many applicants who are better than you and so many others who are not as good as you, and in the same interview you can meet people from both groups, so it is your turn to convince the person who is interviewing you that you are a good choice for their program.
She can have as much as interviews as she likes!

Good luck.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »