Hi all, thank you for this great forum. please help me rank these programs:

Pennsylvania Hospital
Albert Einstein Philadelphia
Cooper Camden
Maimonides Brooklyn
New York Downtown Hospital

Thanks!
it is already ranked..! good job
Penn Hospital cant be above AE,Philly....Can still live in center city and commute to AE everyday..
Pennsylvania Hospital
Albert Einstein Philadelphia
Cooper Camden
New York Downtown Hospital
Maimonides Brooklyn
thank you guys.

any more ideas?

why maimonides so low?
because the otehr places are better hospitals and less grueling programs. maimo is middle tier program, but has poor reputation for patient overload and resident workload and the ancillary services (blood draws, etc...) are nonexistent. also the other hospitals are so much more better and new york downtown hospital is part of ny presybytarian, which carries a lot of weight elsewhere in country if you are looking for jobs outside of new york, wehreas maimo is primarily known in brooklyn.
does anybody have insights into the IM program at maimonides?
Hi guys,

I interviewed @ Grand Forks FM residency program but did not get a good appraisal of life there?
It was very cold & I heard that they don't even have a decent mall in the city. Also, the closet big city is Minneapolis, 5 hours drive from there.
Though the program is decent, the place is hard to survive. So, any of the guys who interviewed there could help me figure out to rank it or not?
Thanks
maimo is a brooklyn hospital, it's an ok hospital, but there are politics there. most residents go into pirmary care tracks because it is harder to get fellowship. if you want fellowship you have to wait like 3 years because the wait list for fellowships is long.some old attendings that were teachign at suny downstate ahave retired. the main porblem with maimonides is the ancillary support is noneistent so residents are overworked to the max as the patient load is always capped. so this makes for less learning. the hospital itself is kind of old and the cafeteria isn't good at all

i agree with nostringsattached and jagnaish
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »