Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
waiting for results this week - rita1980
passed,thanks----------god and my hubby
PASSED!!
omg thank you God, Jehova, Mohhamed, Ala, Budda, Krishna , Zeus , Quetzalcoatl , Belzebu and the teletubbies !!
THANK YOU!!!
LETS CELEBRATE!
I passed..... !!!!!!!!!!!

congrats to everyone who passed.............!

@rita and
cohn? did you guys get ure result?

my score report came out at 6:46am...... i doze off at 6:40... and woke up to a pleasant surprise...

God is great......
hey Guys .... I got my results....I'm so happy

I PASSED!!!!!!!!!!! what about you guys????

thank u God!!!!!!!!!!!
congratulations to every body ,
plz give some suggestions wt u guys did ?
FA uw or anything else ...Thanks
i m waiting i took it on 12/13 the list says if from nov 7 to dec 31 that feb 2- 23 are result days
Congrats everyone who passed!!!!!!!!!!
:-) :-) :-)
let me enter the brigade! passed! yahooooooooooo! so happy now and relieved! ALMIGHTY is great!
congrats rita!!!!!!!!!

@myresidency.. i took mine on dec 1.. perhaps you'll have to wait til next wednesday?

@2stepcs - I studied a total of 15 days...... I'd go over about 10 cases a day.. read over the cases.. during the day.. and practiced history taking with my spouse acting as a standard patient.. and id give my workup and d/c accordingly..
then the last couple of days of studying, prolly the last 2-3 days I went over my physical examinations.. practiced them and looked over the patient notes and the beginning of first aid that gave good differentials

i didn't use any other material.. or video's .... i think i youtubed a couple exams found okay video's nothing special

if i had to study it all over again my advice would be the following

-practice over and over again, time management is key, you can run out of time very easily
-time is important for -the patient note as well..... make your history with a bullet format... write your positive/relevant findings first , and if your writing or typing becareful not to run out of space by writing irrelevant info
-prepare your mnemonics well.. during the actual patient encounter, its hard to think at times .. write your mnemonics are ure clipboard when u get the chance so you dont forget anyting
for ex- pam hits rugs foss
history taking is easy but in the panic u can forget key questions
-dont forget the very important basics
1-knockin be4 entering room
2-introduction
3 draping patient
4 eye contact
5-show empathy
6-wash hands be4 exam/or wear gloves.. either or
7-ask permission to exam /undrape/untie gown be4 doing so
8-tell patient what ure doing briefly
9-show the patient ure gonna warm ure stehescope
10- do a focused physical exam.. do the relevant one first and any additional afterwards
11- close the encounter, summarize, tell patient ure differential and what workup u need to do.. and that you'lll see them next time with the results.. etc
12 ask if patient has any questions

most importantly... don't panic....! be confident.....and polite

the above points dont include everything just a brief overview ......

there's an awesome website ... i looked over about the cs test in general.. b/c i didn't; know where to start myself.. for allyou cs beginners with questions refer to this website it's quite informative
http://www.csprotocol.blogspot.com/

i hope ive shed some light on the CS exam

So glad it's over , today's a great day.. Alhamdulillah

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »