Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ranking Categorical and Preliminary - badboybg
I've got 4 IVs where they had both Cat & Prelim. I have no PGY2 position. I ranked these 4 programs according to the email response I got after the IV. Please advice if this is a good one or a total disaster...
1 A Cat
2 A Prelim
3 B Cat
4 B Prelim
5 C Cat
6 C Prelim
7 D Cat
8 D Prelim
see for ur plans, if u want to go for catagorical , rank them first, if not then ur choice
Ok, Thanks ahmad!
But what if we knw for sure that two of the programs will rank only for Prelim! I am confused if we should consider thinking in a PD perspective of how they may rank us and stack up the ROL according to that or do it completely according to our likes?
Dose anyone know if this Matching is completely computer generated or if some one is gonna look into our desperate ROL and think WTF is this and screw us ?
dose PDs have separate rank-list for Cat, prelim etc or just like ours?
Doesnt matter what order they use, just rank according to ur priority, nothing else makes a difference
Thanks dude !
Programs will not rank you for a categorical position if you have indicated in ERAS that you are applying for an advance position (PGY2 elsewhere) simultaneously. In that case you are considered as a prelim applicant only.
If you did not specify that you are applying for an advanced position then you are considered as a categorical applicant. There is no point in adding both prelim & categorical to your rank order, you will not be ranked in both lists.
As far as I understand, they have 2 separate ranking lists. I beleive it is better to rank all ur categoricals first. Just a thought.......
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »