Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
response from PD - ganong
Dear XYZ

Thank you so much for taking the time to interview with us! We were not only impressed with your academic credentials, but also your energy, enthusiasm and dedication to medicine. I continue to think that you would be a great fit into our residency program and I hope very much that you continue to consider us for your future training.

Any idea what it means??Is it generic like they all do or he is serious?
wayne state?? right? I think its generic. I suppose everybody must have received it.
Well,its hard to tell.You have to ask someone in the past how the PD responded to them when they interviewed.Again if it is from wayne state as pointed out by Spikyshotgun it means he also got the same message which dilutes the response...though the words chosen seem to be quite convincing.

You may never know until the match day....GL
@spikyshotgun.....did you also get the same reply?It seems either both of us are high on the rank list or don't figure anywhere else at all.
@ganong--I would be happy to believe what u are saying- that we both are high on their list Smile, but personally, I feel that they must have sent this mail to all the people they are ranking. I think it does not mean anything regarding whether we are at the top, middle or bottom of their list. If somebody who ived there but did not receive this mail can reply to this post, that would be helpful.
I wonder y do they want us to decipher the code...why not mention in some clear words where we stand.I also felt the same way.And I am pretty sure that their rank list must b in hundreds considering the number of positions they have.NRMP shows 25 remaining which means a rank list of 100 atleast...

Anyone who interviewed there but didn't get a similar message???
Hi all:
I graduated from a US med school in 1999, received credits for 2 years of residency in psychiatry, passed all three USMLE Steps within 7 years (though with low scores), resigned from the residency in Nov 2004 because of a severe illness, never had a full medical license, am currently doing well, and am planning to resume my training in psychiatry. Here are my questions:
1- Should I begin all over again at PGY 1 level?
2- How do I scramble for such positions after the Match this year? I did not sign up for ERAS for this Match.
3- Are PGY 2 positions in psychiatry through the Match? Can I scramble for these as well?
At this point, I don't care what part of the country I might have to go to, just as long as I finish my training in psychiatry and go back to Virginia or Maryland to practice. Thank you for your help.
wayne state FM or IM?
IM
@hopeiseternal- I think u also had an iv at wayne state. Did u receive any communication from them?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »