Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IM: SLR or SUNY Buffalo ? - dr97
Hi there. Which one is a better program? both sponsor H1 and have in house fellowships. Also kindly advice regarding the fellowship placements and working atmosphere. Thanks.
you mean slr mercedes?
university program above community program..

but its a tough situation when you compare the two places! ha ha

well regarding fellowship placements, SUNY Buffalo has a upper hand, coz they get inhouse or go into some uni prog..from slr you either get in-house or go to danbury type community prog with fellowships..

my mentor did not even looked at the applications of residents from slr applying for fellowships..but he said suny buffalo is a big university..

moreover, slr's nursing staff is kind of tough to handle (typical new york city nursing staff). i am not sure if thats the same case at UB..

UB has its disadvantage mainly BUFFALO! but then you rotate at 3 big hospitals..

the PD at SLR is very good salesman, dynamic and well known but not everything he spoke that day is rosy when u do residency..
@ deranged...sure would love to mean that. its St. Luke's Roosevelt, NY

@nostringsattached....Thanks. I think you are right...Bottom line comes down to University vs. community program. I agree with you on the nursing staff too. but as regards to the fellowships, SLR website shows promising placements at univ. programs.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »