Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it too late to apply to ECFMG - oldgirl
Hi Im an old FMG (10+yrs post grad)...done with all my steps with 1 repeat (step3)...i have been thru 3 matches and did not succeed..i have a friend joining as an attending in a small residency program who is encouraging me to apply once more as she says she will try to put in a word.
Though not expecting much..i want to ask if it is possible to apply at this time...i have all my documents available...but want to ask if ECFMG would still accept and scan my documents etc.
I hope people dont make fun of this and post reply if possible.
Thanks

anyone ?
I am in the same situation . I have permanent ecfmg certification which I received in 1998 but then some how I was not able to find match and started my work in research and in Electronic medical records worked as a director of emr implementation now I want to do residency and back to my career as a physician. I think I need some connection, I have lot of experience in medical field but not as a physician so any suggestion.
Do get the Documents to ECFMG for scanning, they keep scanning until Pre-Match day. Your friend has only two weeks. But do prepare for the Post Match, Prelim or Categorical. Since you have the documents, have FAITH and go for it, remember GO WIITH TOTAL FAITH IN YOURSELF.
Thanks much.
you have nothing to loose except $160 . So go ahead and try...
USD 160? sorry, can you give sort of a break down?

Furthermore, to be eligible to Scramble(don't think OP specified interest in this), if I'm not mistaken you must have had applied to at least one program in ERAS for the match,, strongly suggested by the time two weeks before match day, correct? Is it still possible to do this, too, even though probably most deadlines were Dec. 31 2010?

And also you need to pay NRMP as well, for the sake of the Scramble?

but maybe you weren't Scrambling, but just applying to ECFMG?

anyone with clear understanding please feel free to share any helpful information.
Don't lose hope! I was in the same situation, I already applied a season ago and did not match. This year I had two prematch offers and 7 interviews, wich might not me much for many people, but for me was huge. I think, what made the difference for me is that I had USCE and my letters of recomendation were very nice. I purchased one of those services that help you with the selection of the porgrams to apply, and I have to say that is was vey helpful. The first time I applied I just went for it like crazy, this time I applied only to the IMG friendly programs and the ones that did not have a year of graduation deadline . I graduated in 1995.
I hope your friend can help you, but if you don't match, don't lose hope for the next year, just try to improve your credetials
I gradute in 05, GC holder, passed step 1 in 09:200/82-3rd attempt, step 2 in 2010: 201/82- first attempt, CS passed - first attempt- i just just got my result 6 days ago. I am currently working as a lab assistant/phlebotomist and doing some volunteer work to a local hospital.
In your opinion, what should i do to make my application stronger for the net year?
Should i go for Step 3? Try to do some research? Observership?
Thank you!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »