Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did anyone get this kind of email? - drmskjp
As the Director, I would like to again say thank you for traveling to Midland to interview with our Family Medicine Residency. Over the years it has been a great experience to meet so many of you with vast life experiences from around the globe. My recruitment committee has spent hours developing our rank list and sharing it with the entire group of residents and faculty. I send you this email, not to discourage you, but with the hope that you find a better match. Our committee has decided not to place your name on our rank order list in hopes there is a better program that matches your learning style and educational needs. My prayers will be with you on match day and hope we can again cross paths and share our experiences in the future.

Sincerely,
XYZ.

Its so depressing, i thought that this program loved me and this was one of my best interviews. I am sacred now, if this program can reject me, how about the other programs i interviewed at, in which i was not that good as i was at this program Sad
Damn, even I'll admit that's pretty fuking cold.
Which program...
Thats cold but dont lose hope its not over yet.
atleast the PD was polite enough in the reply. I know of other uni prog whose PD replies with 2 liner. I am sorry we have many highly qualified international applicants to rank, and so we will be unable to rank you on our list. Good Luck. Thats called a RUDE answer.
i think this is fake, no pd would send that... but if it is true, i guess pd is soo sarcastic.
drmskjp, hey I have received the same email. I know which program u r talking about.
Is there anyone else too receiving the same email.
This must be from Texas tech at odessa. I know how you must feel. Last year I interviewed with them, all was great, had a 2nd year put in a word for me and got "highly" ranked according to PC and yet did not match. Just focus on what you have left, one must move on. Good luck
'
1. I agree this is depressing.
2. In a positive note; Now you know what program not to rank high;hence it will increase your chance on the other programs.
3. This PD should learn some English himself.

"I would like to again say thank you..." is grammatically so wrong. Where did he learn English? If a dude can be a program director with that English...then there is hope for ...lets say for most of us..Smile))))

4. This is pretty patronizing...praying for me? What if I dont so well with praying stuff?

5. Yes, I need to hear from the PDs that they willl or not rank me and what my rank number is.

6. seems like we will never know what interview was the best except when they offered you a prematch already..

good luck guys and dont forget:Life is a box of chocolate; you never know what you are gonna get!!!
are we the only 2 not ranked by this program. I was expecting even more people gathering here as i heard that this program ranks very few candidates they interviewed.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »