Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rank these - yelp
I thought JHU/Sinai had the brand and chance for getting into a good fellowship despite having none of its own.. Any inputs on this
do not rank upmc mercy high - it is not the real UPMC and EVERYONE knows.
I know you have ivd at good programs frgdoc...whats ur opinion on the list..I am confused about JHU, stony brook and ECU
I would rank it something like (my ranking is based on academic activity)

NYMC westchester
Stony brook
SUNY upstate
East carolina university (good heart center) ~ MSU
wright state ~ siu
umpc/mercy (the weakest of the three main upmc programs)

jhu sinai is not as good as the other jhu community program at bayview. check where the fellows matched.

Where would u out jhu
Where wud u put jhu
probably like this

NYMC westchester
Stony brook
SUNY upstate
East carolina university (good heart center) ~ MSU
JHU/sinai
wright state ~ siu
umpc/mercy (the weakest of the three main upmc programs)

HOWEVER, i really only know the first 4 places somewhat and while i know people at ECU and MSU i cannot really comment too much on the academic environment. that is even more true for the other programs you listed. the first three are strong mid-tier academic places that should allow you to get any fellowship you want, also at competitive places.

congratulations, my list is much shorter

Thanks. Great help.
NYMC and SUNY Stony Brook are very strong academically. If you want to be a frequent publisher, I think you should rank them higher.
UPMC has a strong affiliation with Montefiore. You will be able to rotate through there, and get great connections in whatever subspecialty you are looking to pursue.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »