Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steps passed, but no ECFMG certif yet : Match ?? - dropd
Hey all!

I'm taking Step 1 in march, and Step 2 CK and CS this summer. It means i'll have all have taken everything by september.
However, in France we only get our final medical degree at the end of residency, and not med school. This means I'll only get my degree in october.
As a consequence of that, I'll only get my ECFMG certificate around november/december.

Can I still apply to the 2012 Match?
From what I understand, you can, but you need your ECFMG certificate by late february.

If anyone could clear this up, that'd be great.

Thanks a lot !

you are right, you can certainly apply, but you must do all the necessary paperwok quickly once you have your diploma!
Some places require you to be ECFMG certified by the time of your application, but for many other it's not as important, so it is up to you to find out he requirements of every specific program.
Good luck in match 2012!
I've just checked and I'll only get my Final medical degree on oct 31st.
Since it's from a different medical school as the one I did my ECFMG application, I think I will need to go through form 186 again, so it might need an additionnal month/2 months.

Where can I find the requirements for specific programs? ERAS ?
Hey ,take your steps one at a time,you still have three big exams coming up.If you do well on those steps than you don`t have to worry too much about certification.Gudluck.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »