Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
California Status Letter ???? - medgradt
What date do we have to have the final CA status letter by ? Not the temporary letter. Is it the match day or before we start the residency? Can anybody shine some light on, how long it is taking to get one. Thanks.
you need to have the Ca letter when you go for interview, that is what the programs in california told me. So try to arrange your interviews after you have the letter in hand.
Good Luck man!
Hi cainsitu, How long did it take u to get yours. Thank you & good luck.
Anybody please! !! !!!
Hi Cainsitu & medgradt,
I have heard that programs in california don't even look at your application until after you have the cali letter.& by the way what is the temporary letter?!?!.My California letter is in process & that is why I have not applied to any programs in California but if there is a way round it plz let me know....I mean anyone got an interview without the letter in hand?
hey guys,
could u tell me more abt temp letter please...
i m waiting fr the CA letter too and havent applied to any CA programs so far.
and one thing more, wat did u guys do abt 4 wks of family medicine rotations which is a requirement fr CA letter?
thanks
mash
mash ,I called up the California board & asked them if Community medicine(a rotation we did back home) could cover for family medicine & they said it would.You could ofcourse call them up & double check.& could anyone pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez tell me what the temporary letter is.Anyone?!?!?!!?!?
There is no temporary. Just permanent one . Unfortunately, you can not apply without it. Nobody will even consider you for interview. Sorry....
b4ore, lera39
thanks fr the info!!
All IMG's applying to the Program needs to have a California Medical Board Applicant Evaluation Status Letter or indicate to us that it is being processed - you cannot commence residency in California without this letter.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »