Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
*****scramble 2011***** - pahology11
I wanted to start the scramble pos that the questions would be exchanged...

For scramble:

You must register NRMP before the scramble day and apply to at least one program during the season through ERAS. This program could be any program/hospital. If you have already applied to ERAS, no IVS or God forbid Not matched, all you have to do is wait for the scramble day.

On ths cramble day, unfortunatly you have to apply to programs again but all your documnets are there already. All you have to do is to select the name of the programs you want to apply during the scramble.

good luck to all..
thanx for starting this post
up
So, pathology, what about calling the program after12 noon of 15 th March?
Do we need to prepare for fax if program ask us to fax?
Because I am not sure, do we still need to fax the program?

Any one?
thanks for starting post. does anyone has any info of last years unmatched programm list. i know it won't be same but just to have an idea.
forever07,

I think yes you can call them if they ever pick up the phone...I think this year programs are still accepting faxes...so it is not a bad idea making copies of your whole application and preapring a fax machine around...oh gush...we wont need those...we will match!!!

reetuforusmle,

i had it a few days ago until my computer broke...now I have no idea where it is...I think it might me in the nrmp site listed but not sure..
I read on another forum that once you apply to the 30 programs allowed by ERAS, you should then call the programs to try to plead your case to the PC, if they pick up!

It will be a good idea to have several phones, at least one land line and like 2 cell phones nearby, to be able to reach as many places as you can. And it could help to have family and friends also help call for you until you can reach someone.

I also read, that fax machines are a little outdated, and that everything will probably move through ERAS in this match, since come next year it will be the only means to apply in the Scramble. A fax is necessary if a contract needs to be signed and sent back! So have one handy.

And the best advice I've been told, is that this is a very bad experience, that there are some specialties that will have no spots, and decisions need to be made quickly, so to really think ahead of time whether you are going to be able to move somewhere you hadn't considered or enter into a program that you may not really want.

I hope this helps, and that everyone matches, so we wont have to endure the Scramble!
Thanks a lot for the incredible help.May You get your desired residency.
this sounds like a daunting task.. i never read a word about scramble.. thanks for the post pahology i think I should read through nrmp website, on how to scramble
once u find itout.pls do let us know...lol...am also registered with NRMP.
we can find out abt the Programs which donot participate in ERAS but participate in match by calling AAMC
215-966-3520
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »