Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
*****scramble 2011***** - pahology11
during the scramble if we are offered a match, do we have to accept it right away? Anybody, please reply.
Ectopic,, if offered -why would u even need to think ?? If going for scramble --means we did not match-- and then u just jump literally on ANY ANY offer u get..
There is day by day limitation of quota to apply.

If you can't apply finishing 30 program on 15 march, you can't apply for remaining programs next day.

Example, if you apply 20 in first day, another 10 programs can't add to second day. You can only apply 10 programs for day 2. So you will lose 10 quota to apply.

Make sure you finish 30 programs on 15 march. Definitely we need helping hands on day one.
A few "scramble" stuff;

applicants who did not match at the regular season for any reason and applicants who registered only for the scramble will be able to see the unfilled positions.

you can call or fax to the programs on your own risk. They ususally dont pick up the phone, but faxes I think go through . I dont know if they really look at the faxes though. Last year a program director told me they received so many faxes and ERAS applications at the scramble that thye had no time to go over all the applicants.

after you apply to the scramble, programs start calling you if they are interested in. You do the interview over the phone. If they like you they almost immediately offer the position. Most people accept it right away. But they still give you like a few hours to think about. My friend last year was given a night to think about it. He accepted the position the next morning.

good luck to all.
Please no one respond to this guy he is simply sick
Who is the sick guy?

Can you read nrmp news letter I posted in this thread.
@ya_libi You just declared yourself as the dictator of the forum! are you a doctor? if anybody is sick you are supposed to attend them.that shows how good judging doctor you will be! this guy you are talking about has helped to hundreds of people in this forum, may be she or he does not need your replies! good luck in the match.
up

Do you agree with that statement?

I think if you are not matched by a program that you have ranked it does mean entirely that the program does not want you. It might be that the program have ranked you but at the bottom of the list and you just didn't get the chance because others have taken.

So I think I can still reapply to that program in the scramble match.

Am I correct?
yes
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »