Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Neurology Vs Internal Medicine - washingtonianguy
I think u have to make sure u really are interested in neurology in order to do it. generally speaking there are 2 types of neruo people , very smart and not smart at all.. just becos they think there is no need to think. while in IM the doors are always open , even if u decided u do like neuro after all, u'll get even better calls after finishing IM Smile

you know, for me i thought about it that way... i love medicine, when i thought what i love most in medicine , it was cardio and neuro... so i thought then it is much easier to start neuro from the start! and that was that.hehhe
don't think of it money wise, both are the same.
yeah yeah.. neuro after IM and being double boarded is faarrr fetched... ! and doent give u any advantage!

Not so smart people.. dont do well in ANY field of medicine!!! and Medicine is not all about crackin the boards..
Smartneuro... I dont think u get our perspective.... We are NOT asking love or hate Neuro or IM... It is NOT black and white!!! It is tones of grey instead!!!! Which is whiter or darker whatever u prefer!! I feel Neurologists are amongst the most satisfied physicians after Cardio! And fortunately my love for Neuro emanates from my Mentors.. Who have been exceptional neurologits WEEEElll respected and loved by their patients!
One of my Hem-Onc mentors said ...Nothing is really miserable in being a Doctor... Just you need to learn the art of 'Being happy' when everyone around you are Not!!! That is soo true in this regards...
@washingtonianguy... i do get it. im sure its not about love and hate.( i myself don't think i can hate any field in medicine). neuro is just a sub specialty of medicine. so if u are interested in this field more than cardio , nephro , endocrine , then it make sense to follow it.unless u think more primary care or hospitalist.
Hmm... If I had to select Now between Interventional Cards and Neuro.. Yes... I will select Interventional cards!!!

But I will not prefer many other subspecialities in IM like Allergy Rhuem etc over Neuro .. period!!!!

Now comes the greys.. Gastro--- Hem Onc and Cards.. alll with about 50000 to 100000$ more income than Neuro? But If I enter IM... The chances of getting them and competition ... all makes the Neuro rankings at hand .. more lucrative!

But I also understand.... After 4 years... When u see a gastro guy drawing.. 100000 $ more.. any human would feel a bit... bad But who is satisfied with what they make... ;lol.. a million dollar guy wants 2 million... a 100 million guy wants more .. so This doesnt end... I am Happy I got till here.. let see What match does to me Lol!!!
@ohare: completely diagree with u dude....on neuro people not able to putting bread on their family table.....it has to be neuro anyday over IM.....no point in discussing this at all....neuro pays more than interinists if u go by the money mode.. avg is abt 2.5k in neuro....wel interenists do get it but not more than neuro any day....and i m not discussing abt other speciality here like cardio or Gi...as they r anyways paid more than both neuro or IM....n as well the discussion here is bet IM or Neuro....
@ohare: no offense meant here bro....i was just givin my opinion
Thanks Neuroitis .. u are pretty much correct!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »