Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
US vs Canadian ROL. Please send your advice. - 992009
Today at 5 pm is the deadline for Canadian ROL. If we match we will be automatically withdraw from American. I have had 1 IV in Canada and 3 IV in US. However, one of the IVs in US is really something and although I was the only IMG among 18 interviewees in that program, the PD sent me a nice email a month after IV. If I am matched in Canada I ll loose that US opportunity. And if I withdraw myself from Canadian there is a risk that I will not matched anywhere.

What should I do? should I phone the US program explaining the situation and ask their advice without asking my position in ROL? or else?

Thanks
What can an one advice in your unique situation.
However, believe, "You Will Receive All You Wished for and Ask For" Just be careful what you wish for..............So I will say do not withdraw but Believe you would be in the right place to do goood WORK.
Dear pl,
I really appreciate your thoughtful advice. Three hours left and it is going quickly and still not decided to rank Canada...
What specialty you applying for?
Does the US program give prematch?
Does the Canada program have return of service?
Dear drkhal, I appreciate your respond,
In US it is ThorasicSurgery integrated (6 years) and doesnt give prematch in Canada it is Surgery and in one of the so so universities. In Canada it doesnt have Return of Service.
Thanks,
@992009
These are both competitive fields for IMG. Congratulations on getting interviews but the hardest part is yet to come..MATCHING.
Does your school match people to Canada Surgery in past. If not, then it will be hard to match unless you have good connections.
I think you should apply to Canada and US and if you are lucky enough to match, gladly take it.
You can still match to the US program if you do not match into Canada.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »