Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shared Pairs....? - forever07
Hi Friends,

Do you have any idea about Shared pairs?
I have seen the following list .
What is the pros and cons, so if we are interested to shared pairs, do i need to find some one to share the program or ERAS will do it for us?
Is it for scramble purpose?

Programs Accept Shared Pairs 23.

Code Institution City Program
1081140C1 Danbury Hospital-CT DANBURY Int Med/Primary Care
1120220C0 Mercer U SOM/Med Ctr Central GA MACON Obstetrics-Gynecology
1208430A0 U Kansas SOM-Kansas City KANSAS CITY Radiation Oncology
1478140C0 Harlem Hospital Ctr-NY NEW YORK Internal Medicine
1484140P0 Lincoln Medical Ctr-NY BRONX Medicine-Preliminary
1553140C0 Case Western/MetroHealth Med Ctr-OH CLEVELAND Internal Medicine

Thank you guys.
Oh, no one knows?
what do you mean by shared pairs?

I really dont know anything about this ,can you please explain?
I have nt read about this. Thus why I am asking.

When you open your nrmp log in, you will find....my report. Just click on it.
There is heading of shaired pairs programs, altogether 23 programs.

List is there .
So far I understand is that 2 candidates are sharing one program.

Ok, I will read more about it.

And post it later.
You can also find it out.
This is for independent applicants only.

Independent Applicants

Shared-Residency Positions

Shared-residency positions are offered by a few programs participating in the Match. In a shared-residency, two residents share one position, usually alternating months on clinical rotations with time off to devote to families, research, or other pursuits.

Applicants desiring to share a residency register individually in the Match, then contact the NRMP at 1-866-617-5838 or 202-828-0566 to report their intention.

Applicants entering the Registration, Ranking, and Results (R3) System as a Shared Pair in the Match can participate only as a pair to be matched together to a single full-time position. These applicants cannot apply as individuals for full-time positions in the Match. If one partner of the pair wishes to withdraw from the Match, the remaining partner must inform the NRMP if she/he wishes to continue participating in the Match as a single applicant.

The two applicants submitting a Shared Residency Pair Form will be assigned a new AAMC ID, which programs will use to rank the applicants. The pair will be included in the NRMP R3 System as a combined name (e.g. Jones/Smith Mary/John). Alphabetic placement is determined by the leading last name.

The shared pair will submit only one rank order list on the R3 System which should include all of the acceptable shared positions to which both applicants agree to be matched. If the pair is matched to a full-time position in the Match, both individuals are bound to accept it according to the terms of the NRMP Match Participation Agreement.

Updated 08/16/2010

There are 23 shaired pairs programs.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »