Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
nbme 2 block 4 q 1------- q50 - drona99
35. c
lateral geniculate body lesion

thanks you'll for such a hard work
35. A

If we analyze quickly the answers...

Option B) Frontal Eye Field; is located in the posterior part of the middle frontal gyrus (Brodmann's area 8. It regulates voluntary contralateral horizontal gaze. A lesion here would give us Ipsilateral conjugate deviation of the eyes. (away from the lesion)

The left options C) Lateral Geniculate Nucleus; D) Optic tract and E) Visual cortex (Brodmann's area 17); would give us a contralateral component or other clinical features not present on this patient.

Therefore having only myosis on this pt we could think about another known condition called Horner's Syndrome which in this case could explain the clinic signs of the patient and give us so for the answer A) as we know Horner syndrome is due to paralysis of the cervical sympathetic nerves.

The symptoms of Horner's syndrome include:

* Drooping of the upper eyelid
* Swelling of the lower eyelid
* Sinking of the eyeball
* An absence of sweat on the same side of the face as the affected eye
* The pupil becomes smaller (miotic)
* Each iris may be a different color

35 D afferent pupil reflex ipsilateral
Q-22.
EE. 6-Phosphofructo-1-kinase

so, this is another name for PFK-1.

Thats not fair guys, isn't it?

If they start ask every other name of enzymes, proteins, diseases etc., you never finish this studying. Hope somebody can sue them for this actions someday....

I do not know, I might be judge too much.

God bless us!!!
i have a query. though counterregulatory hormones are increased in ketoacidosis, is it not that insulin must be very low to not be able to inhibit ketogenesis? if the chap did inject insulin would that not inhibit ketogenesis?

Hi,
I am miss Victoria by name,Is my pleasure to contact you after going through your profile at usmleforum.com which really interest me in having communication with you. I will appreciate if you can write me back ( victoriajohn0100 ) for easiest communication and to know more about each other so that i will explain myself to you and also send my picture to you.
Take care and have a nice day.
I await hearing from you soonest.
Yours truly
Victoria

( victoriajohn0100 )
thanks
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »