Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
someone pls help my friend sanmucas - adrianfadem
from sanlucas:

@adrianfadem pls help me on this hehhehe. If someone applied to a preliminary position ( without supplementary ROL for an advanced position) and a categorical position for a different specialty, and Matched.... Is there a way to know or get an idea on where he matched? Will both get the message " Congratulations, you have matched!"?

Thanks!!!

1. Congratulations, you have matched!
This message will be displayed for any applicant who is "fully" matched,
including:
Applicants who listed and matched to a categorical program
Applicants who listed and matched to preliminary and advanced
programs
Other conditions also apply. Applicants who listed only advanced programs on
their certified rank order lists and did not list any preliminary positions on a
supplemental rank order list will receive this message. Similarly, applicants who
included only preliminary programs on their certified rank order lists will
receive this statement. The matching algorithm considers an applicant "matched"
if he/she lists only one program type on the certified rank order list. Applicants
who receive this message will not have access to the Dynamic List of Unfilled
Programs that is posted on Tuesday of Match Week.

sorry sanmucas, i got a headache reading this one so lets hope some kind soul answers this for you.

I'll just take a pill now.

Well if he got matched with prelim(without advanced) then he wud go for scramble for advanced prog.....

but if he matched with categorical/ prelim+advanced-------------then its hard to tell where he got matched....
It is clear when he gets his result and it says what type if he has access to open list that means it was a partial match to no list means it was categorical
thanks guys! hope he/she read this....

: )

good luck to you both!

Cheers!
Adrian
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »