Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
matched: no usce, us lor nor published research - pedgirl
and I need visa

scores 88/99

I choose to focus on writing strong personal statement and appealing to the human side of things: talked alot of my volunteer activities over the years.

I think having lor from people who know you well in your home country is just as good if not better than random us lor.

That's just my two cents
congratssss
Did u match thru regular match or post match scramble.
Non-US Lors go to trash, unless written by reputed people, my 10 cents. Everything is relative here. If other people can get US lors, then why look at non-US lors..point is PD has to know who is writing the LOR, to make a difference
regular match
Congrct in which feild
I disagree nostringsattached: Physician in my countries are physician just like us doctors. They have worked longer and more closely with u most times and can speak of your character in addition to clinical skills
i said, if you get lors from reputed people in your home country it will work..everything is relative..nothing is hard and fast..
peds:

everyone (except one person) I know of from my med school who matched did not have usce. and we hold our own well in the match - we have sent people to ivy league and mayo
not all IMGs go to your med school, so dont make any generalizations here saying that Non-US lors are better than US Lors..Thank you and congratulations for going to that Med School.
a v recent yog tends to trump every other factor
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »