Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MICHIGAN state license...gather here...! - 911911
Hi guys,

Congratulations and welcome to Michigan!, regarding places to stay in Michigan. Southfield is definitely a BIG NO! Terrible schools--- as bad a inner city detriot and unsafe. There is a better area of Southfield occupied by the jewish community which is a much better part with better schools.

Areas I know many residents stay are Troy, Birmingham, Royal oak. Of these three Royal oak is the cheapest and has a shorter commute to down town. Excellent restaurants and night life. Troy is the safest city in Michigan, quite uppity. Diverse but affluent. Has the best school system and of course Somerset mall (beautiful place). Excellent for families. Birmingham has a very nice downtown area. Troy and Birmingham are right next to each other and are more expensive places to live but very safe. There are very nice apartments, townhomes and single family homes in the area and many doctors - residents and attendings live here.

Other areas-- rochester hills farmington hills, bloomfield hills, west bloomfield etc

Of course there are other areas, some far out(with hideously long commute) e.g canton and some not as nice. Ok so I'm biased.. These are my favorite areas!
bump. i m joining.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »