Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nursing Programs - nike80
Nike,
You can go excersieou college in NY -exam by knowledge and they will accept you ,but you hav eto do WES .org so they can verify your MD degree,so for about $5000 you can finish the nurisng bc they will accept most of your courses..This is the chepest and the fastest....
google it..
CioA
I was teaching the PA and it cost about $60 000 and they are in demend....but with nursing you can choose shifths..people setlle bc they have to support them self's.....I am a liscence RN also and before I was teaching PA's...Our curiculum was based on a medical school curiculum-very intense...but it i sdoable...
A
Thank guys for the response.
@ANTONELLA-ya i was thinking of excelsior college but i heard that is not valid in California.i wish it was.i feel nursing is faster way to find some job.do you know of any other college that is valid in california.thank u
@rkn-PA is better option,but its expensive and I don't want to go through the same process of USMLE,where we are not guaranteed seat into PA school after doing prerequisites.
@hotmail79-I totally understand what you are saying.I was the same way as you are now.I used to advice people that its better to wait rather than go for nursing,but after trying residency for 3 years and no scope of getting it,i don't think its right to stick to that and get depressed.I WISH,,I REALLY WISH that i could go back to my country,but my family is here and cant leave them.so finally decided to go for nursing....i feel that I am not worth of anything.i let down everyone,feel depressed,frustrated and cant do anything now,other than change the profession.

thank you
dddd1 dont chose exceslior ,very bad reviews

here is link

http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaint...54261.html

Antonella, How can we teach? Do we need any kind of certificates? Thank you.
there are quite a few women in the bay area with a situation similar as yours. I think it would be better to network and decide....
nike80 ,munira and others,
Well, we do not have to have the certificate, but when I was teaching and actually when I got that job, it was a miracle for an MD to teach PA's...Now, PA is the fastest growing profession in U.S.Back than in 2001, it was much easier to get it…Now with the market, it is possible, but much harder. Just Google for the PA schools in your state and see if they have any openings. I was working on a research also before, so I find the job in the same network..
Regarding nursing school, the thing is if you have already bachelors’ (which you do) than you will not be eligible for the fed aid and nursing can cost around (associate only) $30 000 ,so I am not sure of how you are going to pay for it…Maybe you can start some Masters…I am starting Masters in Psychiatric nursing in the Fall to just strengthen my resume and to show that I was always interested in psych and that will give me also independent meds.prescription,but in order to have that you have to be license RN in the states. The reason that I am in RN in U.S.A bc I was a nurse before I become a doctor in my original country and just went for an NCLEX (board exam) which safe me around $30 000..As old graduates we have to have a back up and nursing and PA is a professional degree where you can make decent money, especially when you want to juggles other things. Some colleges can maybe accept your credits (some of it), but depend on the college. I do not know any one in California, but when I tried to get my license from California, they want me to repeat 2 courses.Well, I did it true another state. Maybe you can go to www.cgfns.org which is located in the same building with ECFMG and see of how other nurses or other medical professionals are getting ahead. Also they have something in NY …about the émigré physicians or something where they are accepting MD’s to do some 2years or more in training and than you will have a degree from here..Please goggle it or I will try to find it. I feel for you and I know the pain…
Anything else, please do not hesitate to ask me…
nike80,
Here we go...
http://www.nyit.edu/nycom/admissions/emi...rogram_epp
If you have the means,maybe this will be better option...
Cio
A

Nike,
See also this link..
http://usmlesteps.blogspot.com/2008/10/a...dical.html
"Dear Friends:
One of the aspect or cause of our failure to get into residency program here in USA is wasting of time in observerships. The programs don’t consider observerships/research/externship as clinical experience for foreign medical graduates because whatever you do they think it’s not a quality clinical experience. So I don’t know how much it really helps. It might help also depending on individual cases but it is my opinion that if a USA degree is mentioned like a master’s degree or strictly clinical experience like surgical assistant or something like that, it would look good on resume/CV. Honestly if you are in USA for more than 1 year just doing observership, its not gonna help. If you in USA for 3-6 months waiting for match or applying for match than it’s a good idea to do some observership/externship. People usually say observership is helpful, well it indeed but not for 2-3 years, program director might have applicants who did master or some post grad degree while in USA, so they would prefer applicants with some educational/academic activities rather than just observership/research etc.. I hope I am clear now. I have seen it myself and hopefully you will also be able to see the change in your CV when you do a USA degree.
The other thing is when you are in USA don’t waste time get some diploma or something so that even if you could not get residency for whatever reason you should always have a back up plan and something you can do. And lastly my friends “USA is not the end of world, wasting years and years in search of residency and driving cabs or working at gas station does not worth it”. If you have resources then please travel somewhere else and get your goals over there. So bottom line is “Don’t waste time while staying in USA waiting for residency.”
I am going to mention some link so that you can try them and find out, what is good for you.
1. Optometry, is a degree which lets you practice as an optometrist and thinking long term you might get residency in ophthalmology. There is a school in Massachusetts, New England School of optometry, which lets foreign medical grads. finish the degree in just 2 years.
The New England College of Optometry
Association of Schools of Optometry
2. Master in Public Health, (MPH) It helps you getting a master degree and residency in occupational health, preventive medicine and even family practice. One example is a link below, there are almost 26-30 schools of public health in USA and it’s easy to get admission. Search the web for school of public health.
The Univ. of Texas-Houston-School of Public Health
American Public Health Association, links for all Public health schools
3. Surgical Assistants, certified surgical assistant get good pay and great clinical experience.
National Surgical Assistant Association
American board of surgical assistants
4. Master/Ph.D. degree in any basic Medical sciences like Pathology, pharmacology etc… this is offered by a lot of university programs and it’s not very hard to get into. It definitely helps in getting residency and a job. One example is a link below, there are 100’s of universities offering masters programs. search the web for your program of choice
The University of Texas-Houston Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences
5. Non-accredited fellowships in USA, these are fellowships offered by different intitutions like post doc research fellowships and clinical fellowships. US graduates don’t do these because they are not accredited and don’t make the eligibility criteria for board exams purposes. Some of the examples are below and you can find opportunities like these on web. The clinical fellowships require you to have ECFMG certificate, so that they could issue you a institutional permit, to work with the patients. Post Doc research fellowships could be in any field, pharmacology, pathology, biochem etc.. Clinical fellowships are in CV surgery, ENT and other subspecialties.
MD Anderson Cancer center, Houston, Texas
Texas Heart Institute, Houston, Texas
There is also another option of “School of perfusion technology”. The perfusionist makes good money and it’s a technical work. Basically it is the person who runs the By-pass machine during cardio-thoracic surgeries. It’s a good field but schools in USA don’t emcourage FMGs to do this course but there is no harm in trying.
Texas Heart Institute, Houston, Texas, look for perfusion technology
“Physician Assistant” is also another option but most schools require that you have BS degree from USA to enter into the school.
American academy of Physician assistants
6. PG medical education in the world: Follow the following links for post graduate medical education in Canada, England, South Africa, Australia and New Zealand.
Australian Medical Council
College of Medicine of South Africa
NZ med jobs
New Zealand (NZ) medical council NZMC
Royal College of Physicians London
Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh -
Royal College Ireland Royal College of Surgeons-IRE
The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada - Homepage
The Royal College of Surgeons of England
Some information based website done by docs in New Zealand, are also good.
Oversaes doctors
Oversaes doctors
I hope it helps all of you and please if you find any information about some other better alternate things in USA pls. email me and I will post it on web. My friends we have to help each other by spreading the information don’t keep the info to yourself spread it. It might help somebody like you.
Posted by usmlestep at 11:39 AM Email This BlogThis! Share to Twitter Share to Share to Google Buzz Labels: FMG
Reactions:

Read about the surgical assistents"""Medical Graduates and Allied Health Professionals
Medical Doctor/Doctor of Osteopathy/Foreign Medical Graduate:
Documentation required:
1. NSAA Certification Application
2. One letter of recommendation from a Surgeon
3. COPIES of documents of training as a surgeon or documentation of surgical rotation for at least 2250 hours of first assisting.
4. For FMG ONLY– you must either provide a copy of your English Equivalency Exam, or request a waiver of that exam, with full knowledge that the Certification Examination is given in English.
"
Maybe it will be faster and easier to to this and they are getting paid good.I hope this helps..
Cio
A
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »