Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nursing Programs - nike80

Harbor-UCLA Medical Center
If you're aiming for a residential spot at a prestigious hospital in Los Angeles, Harbor-UCLA Medical Center provides continuing education for aspiring foreign medical practitioners. Specialized programs include anesthesiology, family medicine, internal medicine, endocrinology, interventional cardiology, oncology/hematology, neurology, obstetrics, gynecology, orthopedic surgery, pediatrics and surgery. Eligibility requirements for foreign medical school graduates include a Postgraduate Training Authorization letter from the Medical Board of California that is less than one year old, although a valid certification from the ECFMG or an unrestricted license to practice medicine within the U.S. may also apply. For current and practicing residents, ACLS/BLS training, PALS/BLS (emergency medicine, family medicine, internal medicine, pediatric and surgery), ATLS (surgery, emergency medicine, OMFS trainees), and NRP (emergency medicine, pediatric, obstetrics and gynecology, pediatric, and family medicine) are required before starting your formal training in certain medical fields.

Harbor -- UCLA Medical Center
1000 W Carson Street
Eighth Floor, Room 8E8
Torrence, California 90509
310-222-2911
harbor-ucla.org/index.php

University of Kan

Read more: Schools for Foreign Medical Graduates | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/list_6362705_schools...z1HrhzhcXw
For someone who wants to go in Kansas:

University of Kansas (KU Medical Center)
The University of Kansas offers post-graduate education for foreign medical graduates. The diverse culture of enrollees at this institution enhances student learning, interaction and communication with people of different races and cultures. The Graduate Medical Education curriculum focuses on developing skills and clinical competency in specific fields of interest through three program types: residency, fellowship and nonaccredited programs. Residency programs include general areas such as anesthesiology, neurology, orthopedic surgery, family medicine, physical medicine/rehabilitation, urological surgery, general surgery and psychiatry. Addiction psychiatry, cytopathology, child and adolescent psychiatry, hematology/oncology, nephrology, geriatric medicine and interventional cardiology coursework fall under the fellowship programs. More specific fields such as bone marrow transplant, burns, internal medicine/psychiatry, deep brain stimulation, head and neck microvascular, integrative medicine, nephrology and spine coursework fall under the nonaccredited programs.

The University of Kansas
Medical Center
3901 Rainbow Boulevard
Kansas City, Kansas 66160
913-588-5000
OMG, antonella,

Thank you so much for taking your time and posting all this info. Really appriciate it. You the biggest asset for the forum, I see you everywhere Step1, match and residency. You are really helpful as always. Thanks again Antonella., I am so glad we have so much opportunities in this country.For whoever looking for a job just go to the craigslist and apply everyday for 3-4 jobs. It is Ok if you are not qualified just apply. I found my surgical assistant job like this. ad said they are looking for somebody with a certificate so I dont have one and still got the job. It is all about getting the interview, if they like you they will hire you right away. I have been working for 2+ years now, while working just show them you are caring about the pts, which we all do as a doctor. Do your best for the patient, a lot of patients are very nice and tell your manager a lot of good staff about you. When you get in the program that is it, you will find more and more opportunities. As Antonella said just google. Good luck to everybody.

Antonella if I am not mistaken your husband took all the steps( Sorry if I am confusing you with somebody else, since I read the forum all the time, and a lot of similar usernames.) Good luck to your family.
Munira,
I suffered by trying to find the way of making a living here and I want to give back of whatever I can. Please see if you can get certify as a surgical assistant nc you can get paid more and more job opportunities,but if you are “ happy “ with your current job, so you can make some living-but still ,it will not hurt if you get certify. The key is to find the right information and pathway…Yes ,my husband finish with the steps and actually he is finishing IM residency this June and starting combine Cardiology Fellowship Research and Cardiology fellowship(another 6 years )…Any questions ,my e-mail is absolutellydriven2,
Cio
A
antonella,

I have no words,I really cant thank you enough for all the information that you are sharing on this forum.It would not only help me but also lot of people on the foum.U dont know how imporatant this was for me to know so much info.May god bless you and i wish your dreams come true.
Ya I will even look into the surgical assistant porgrams.i will go thru all the info that you have given me and decide on what to do.probably this would change my life in a way ..thank you,thank you,and thank you.

nike
antonella, please check your mail. i sent mail to u. i need advice about some alternate career. thanks!
I already answered...
Cheers,
A
Harbor-UCLA is a great centre!
Harbor-UCLA is a great centre!
Yes, this is a great centre and the programs are great there. I really liked the programs that are presented within the service https://nursingpaper.org/category/nursin...education/ to help young honey brothers in preparing papers or other scientific works. After all, I myself went through this, and it helped me a lot in my practice as a honey brother, especially when I did not have time to cover my academic debt.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »