Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
is psychiatry residency hard to get in? - drsanmyt
I agree. Faculty and residents have psych problem. But whats wrong with that.
Ask program to get you covered for psychotherapy. The PD will be so happy. Really!!!!
i saw a psychiatrist raises >100 cats in his house and is in a black suit every evening. a few residents have bipolar disorder and are on medications. several psychiatrits flunked when they were in other specialty residency programs and switched to psych later. many psychiatrists and residents have borderline personality disorder. one psychiatrist is an alcoholic and died in a car accident, etc etc.
amazing of how you label people...
drsanmyt

A filmi Dialogue to answer all your questions- Psychiatrist hote to aakhir insaan he hai na.
Psychiatrist are also human being ,after all
oh please dont me wrong. saw many psychiatric illnesses in other specialties also. but in psychiatric field, you see more psychiatric disorders. i dont know this is just my observation or general common sense.
Dude. If you are seriously planning to apply for psych than please change your outlook. With opinions like yours, you will find it very hard to convince the interviewer.

P.S- I am saying this for your own good, and not to offend you intentionally. You convey to others that you lack depth in understanding psychology and psychiatry.

drsanmyt....i can bet u will not get into psych residency..just listen to urself..i agree with target99 u lack any understanding of human psyche. that understanding is reqd not just to be a psychiatrist but even a basic doctor....
im pretty sure u have lousy scores n like so many applicants i know who want to take psych as back up...n would fail to impress a PD...no one is fool..they have interviewed thousands of applicants...n they know who is full of muck...n cares two hoots abt psychiatry as a specialty
one of the psychiatrists, who is in 70s, he is always talk about ppl look down on him. he has to explain his credentials to the pts whom he has even served for many yrs. many of the psychiatrists don't even listen to the pts. all that matters is money. no insurance no appointment. that is their principle. that is what i know about the psychiatry. it is like any other specialty. there are good and bad doctors. i don't know why IMGs are so pure and innocent. this makes me laugh a lot. seriously.
drsanmyt
I dont understand what you are trying to say?
i want to say, IMGs are good.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »