Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
nbme 5 block 2 -q1 to q 50 - drona99
please choose ur q and post the answers .thank you Smile
hi there,I already made one and wrote 2 Qs
but I will transfer them to this block.

1.E
Fc fragment..... is a complement binding region.
1...variable light chain domain
2...constant light chain
5...variable gama heavy chain
6...constant gama heavy chain

2.D
Respiratory burst:activation of memberane bound NADPH oxydase in neutrophils and macrophages plar an important role in the immune response.,,,,,,,rapid release of reactive oxygene speces,,,,O2.....>O2 radicals

Chronic granulomatous disease is associated with NADPH oxidase deficiency
3.F

carrier frequency for male and female is 1/30
so if male and female from same population marry that means each of them being carrier will be 1/30 X 1/30
and if they have children then chance of kid getting disease will be 1/4
so
1/30X1/30X1/4= 1/3600

posted by drona99
4.D
when the lytic phage infects the E.coli (transduction) the clevage of bacterial DNA and synthesis of viral protein will be hapened then parts of bacterial DNA become package in viral capsis...the new phage with new genes can infect another bacterium and transfer these new combination of genes to another bacterial DNA so because of this new comination the primary gene T7 does not exist anymore
5.D
Diabetic type I
DKA.....Beta-hydroxybutyrate is an organic acid and also known as one of the ketone bodies
6.B
The defective copies are covalently marked for destructon by the addition of multiple copies of ubiquitin......polyubiquinted proteins are directed to proteasomes for destruction.
7.B
Individuals with underlying diabetes or disorders of the immune system are more likely to develop complications, including malignant otitis externa. In these individuals, rapid examination by an otolaryngologist (ear, nose, and throat physician) is very important.

Chronic otitis externa
Spread of infection to other areas of the body
Necrotizing external otitis

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/co...erna10.JPG
hey im so sorry i didnt see that u already made it..it was on previous page ..sorry againSad
hey 7 is dd
plz check out --its malignnat otitis externa
lol ur explanation says its dd but u always post wrong alphabet..lol
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »