Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
failed step 2 ck 2 times, need advice - mleproblems
passed step 1 and step 2 cs with first attempt, but failed in step 2 ck two times due to intense presures around me to just give the exam and get done with it....now i feel really down and dont know if giving it the third time would be of any help at all or not....do i have a chance at residency in US now?how do i go through the intense hard work again with such negativity? would b thankful of any good advice
I have the same situation as yours, passed step 1 and CS first attempt but failed Ck last week. I am studying again for second attempt of CK.
I would say that you have enough experience of taking the exam twice and studying twice for the exam. So you know what to do to prepare more the exam.
Do a focus review and I think MTB3 should help you if you know it inside out.
Secondly You are almost there to get your ECFMG certification so go for it.
at least you don't have to regret in the future that you didn't finish your exams.
lets do the first thing first which is your exam and take care of the other things later which is residency.
thnx...its justso hard to get away from negativity...i mean i am married...i have my husband and kids to look after and every body is waiting for me to get this done...its incredible pressure and then what do u have to look fwd to in the future?...i mean no one cares what we may have gone thru...an intelligent person may lose due to the bad circumstances around them....but u cannot b excused...im sorry...im not trying to depress anyone else...i just wish there was a support forum for mle takers so that ppl who fail could get together there and help each other to get thru
dont worry we're in the same boat, i took step1 and failed and now i have to take step2 ck coz i already applied for it, not expecting that i will fail step one... anyway im taking ck in 2 days and im again not confident if i will pass... im so scared.... im also married and pressure is really killing me too....
Dear mleproblems, Please read carefully,

I am very sorry to hear about your situation, whats done is done. Stop worrying about your failure. Take a break and start preparing freshly.
Read exam experiences posted on this forum and make your own study plan. Use a good resources like Kaplan and UW, do them repeateedly until your concepts are clear. Practice questions on timed mode. Keep some time to relax/listening to good music/spend time with family.
After a good read give nbme. Dont go to exam until you have exceeded the safe limit that is your score in 90s. If its hard to read alone find a study partner and stick to a schedule.

Dont think about residency at this point. Concentrate on being done with this exam and get a ECFMG certificate. There are many specialties/programs available where people have matched with attempts especially if no visa is required. Believe in yourself. Nothing is impossible. You are already a doctor.

Good Luck! and God Bless.
i agree what other people have said here.... DO NOT NOT NOT GIVE up... if you do not mind can you please email me pathologymd so we can talk on the phone!
doc donot give up ,i met a doctor who told me he failed step 1 ten times and now he is practicing here,let me tell u this this exam is just a criterium to get into residency,the passing marrk is 75%-100% ,so if u pass u will definitely get a place,try not to stress ur self,take things as they come and try to work from there,have sp this time and just try to go over the concepts with them.i wish u all the best
hey i failed step 2 ck as well... trying to study for my second attempt.... i was thinking of a class.. heard about USMLEAGLE.COM.... have u thought about a program to steer u in the right path?
course ratings here:

Enter GOOGLE search: 'USMLE Forum' (You Will Get the Correct Site as the 'April 16, 2009' # 2 or #1
14k dlrs Gteed Course is 25%-Discounted NOW!

This “if you do not pass, you do not pay COURSE.”OF COURSE- THIS IS THE USA,AND EVERYTHING IS ATTESTED TO BY THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU (www.bbb.org )- OUR COMPANY HAS THE TOP CONSUMER PROTECTION RANKING WITH THEM. IT ALSO HAS A FANTASTIC SUCCESS RATE THAT IS BACKED UP FULLY BY THE ‘IF YOU DO NOT PASS, YOU DO NOT PAY ANYTHING ‘ CONTRACT THAT IS LEGALLY DOCUMENTED AND BACKED UP 100%.

Here are the details

$14K Guaranteed Success (Pass) Course

ONLINE COURSE ( we are actually a uniquely “data-driven” company that using statistical question analysis and predictive methodologies (multivariable logistic regression) to create a course materials).- SO YOU CAN TAKE IT FROM ANYWHERE, ANYTIME;WE ARE WITHOUT A DOUBT, THE GREATEST USMLE COURSE IN THE WORLD-BETTER YET WE FUNCTION MORE AS A ‘TRAINING PROGRAM,’ THAN A COURSE. WITHOUT A DOUBT, ‘ THE CUSTOMER IS KING’ WITH US. NO MORE OF THAT BIG BLOATED COMPANY BS/RUNAROUND. WE TREAT YOU IN A MANNER THAT IS PERSONALIZED, INDIVIDUALIZED, RESPECTFUL AND ABOVE ALL – 100% GUARANTEED! AVOID THOSE LARGE IMPERSONAL AND UNFEELING 500 MILLION DOLLAR SO-CALLED EDUCATIONAL (ASSEMBLY LINE) COMPANIES THAT EXTRACT MONEY FROM YOU BUT GIVE YOU NO GUARANTEED OUTCOMES. COME AND CALL US NOW (INFORMATION LINE: 6417153900 ext 833768), IMMEDIATELY, FOR URGENT AND IMMEDIATE ENTRY INTO OUR ‘USMLE SUCCESS CLUB…’ THE ONLY ONE OF ITS KIND IN THE WORLD.

PLUS SIGN UP WITHIN THE NEXT 4 WEEKS AND GET A REDUCED RATE OF $10750 PER STEP- EXACTLY IN YOUR BUDGET! MENTION THIS FORUM WHEN YOU CALL!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »