Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thank you all....99/235...finally its over - stalinmbbs
hi...congrats
so u didnt study from kaplan notes at all! can u kind of guide me wat to study and from which books....i am going to start studying for ck from next week.......want to take the exam by october....ur suggestions would b valuable.
Best wishes for future
and hi can u share ur notes and dvds...mayb i can pay for tht ......
thanx
congrates stalin....

di u do uw notes or girl interrupted note?? which one is better?

i got 410 in nbme 4 and 400 in nbme 2
its only 80 % ...what shall i do ....
@ paprika - thanks dude

@chandana
thanks
I didnt use any dvds......i used only mtb3 which i have to keep for step3.....
Its better u start with mtb2 and then mtb3 and UW....revise them and then repeat....take nbme and decide if u need more prep

@ dj9
thank u
I did both girl and UW notes.....I felt the girl notes is very disorganised and has lot of spelling mistakes and is also incomplete...
UW notes is more organised and i found no mistakes in it....UW notes is always better.

dont worry reg nbme scores.....uwsa is more reliable predictor....just keep reading and revise all ques....also do the usmle.org sample test...helps in practice....GL

hello stalin and congrats for ur score, what UW notes did u used?? and can u share them??
big congrates-
i have a query - i have 2009 kaplan is it ok to use then or shud i buy 2011?
thx
Hi,

How did you study for "media" part of exam? i.e heart sounds..etc

How many media Q did u come across?

Thanks!
thanks for answering my q stalin... how much you used to score in uworld? i am getting in 50's for the first time..i felt difficulty in managing time to finish 44q's in 1 hr. Is there anything u can suggest to manage time, i know i need to practice much.. I am buying mtb3..from what u said is it worth to buy mtb for step2 ck ? plz suggest ...
congratulation , do u have a link to Ck lecture notes ? can you please share thanks million!
@thaaj
I scored around 50-60% first time....then after that i only did offline.....
Yes MTB2 is worth a shot....cover both mtb2 and 3
time management - what i tried was i try to do one qs per minute.....if i lag....i try not to lag for more than 5 min at the end of the block...that is if i notice that i am lagging by around 3-4 qs then i try to do the next 2-3 qs more quickly and then continue....this way i atleast have 10 min at the end..GL

@dasshona
I read the 2008 version.....I dont there is any difference bet the latest evrsions......theyr all same....just stick to what u have....

@skybluez
I got 2 media qs///heart sounds...one froms peds and other adult.....though i heard heart sounds from random sources before exam...i cudnt figure out in the real exam coz of the stress and taking time hearing all four chest areas....
i just picked whatever seemed most posible acc to ques....
also take a look at EKGs....i got 4-5 of thhem...like 12 lead ecgs....they were difficult...just guessed 2 of them

@mdduro83
I used the UW notes which dosent have a name....some call it ranksh notes....its like 13 files....i cant attach in email....and if i share my skype id...i will be bombarded with requests....so sharing quite not posible...sorry...

@dr.nida
CK notes u can find in various websites....jsut google them

or try w w w . d e m o n o i d . c o m and search for usmle, u have videos also there
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »