Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
old IMG---serious advice please... - fight4dream
i need serious and brutal realistic asvice...can u pls guide me ...

my scores are 86, cs pass,79....all first attempt YOG 10 years....more than 5 years recent clinical experience back home...

==============================
will program filters filter me out?
==============================

or still i have a chance in FM ...?
My choice is FM or Psychiatry...

Should i stop here or take step3?

I can NOT afford expenses of USCE...

hi fight for dream

honestly speacking your chances are generally less than some of the other applicants BUT that being said I will also advice you to give step 3 and TRY. fight for your dream. there are people with similar profiles who have matched!

http://mleresidencytips.blogspot.com
fuuck off you old goat
thanks dr2...i need more inputs from experienced IMGs....
what r the common score filtering criteria?
some programs have mentioned 82....is it averagae of step1 and ck or u need above 82 in each step?
deepanglosaxman go to ur sis for doing such act...
How badly do you want it? Think about the NRMP stats. Only 40 percent mated, worse than previous years and it's not getting easier. You wanted frank and brutal. The odds are stacked against you. You MUST score above 250 in Step 3, which you of course have DECIDED to give. My scores are in the mid 90s , cs pass, mrcp (uk) with 7 years of experience there and it was recent . I got 6 ivs only. I matched in a univ hospital but I was expecting more. The kind of candidate who makes it is YOG less than 2 years, 99,99,99, cs pass and does well in his iv. I have friends who are attending who have conveyed that last bit.
thanks Asclapius----my favorite god...
But scoring 250 in step3 is a wild dream for me...
I can surely get 80s score in step3...but beyond 90 is not possible given my job/other circumstances...
but my Q still remains unanswered---if a program has 82 cut off for MLE score, will my application be filteredout based on low ck score?
or they consider average of step1+step2ck?
Just pass step 3 with at least 80 plus score I think.
I am very very old grad (1996) had residency training in home country
passed step 1 =84 step 2= 84 step 3 =83 ,matched in FM program so do not give up.
you need to search for programs before you apply, there are many programs who does not have a year of gradn cut off/score cut off, find in freida.. apply there, finish off step 3, do as best as you can, GL
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »