Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I need some advice about scheduling ck.... - usmlezeno
Hi! I am preparing for step 1 and I already took CS. I am thinking of scheduling my step 1 by july 1st. I might need more time to study for ck than 1 month. However I would like to apply this year. Can I apply with CS and step 1 score only? When is the latest date that I can take my ck to participate in this year's application process?

Please advice!
Thanks,
you can apply with no steps but you should have the results necessary for ecfmg certificate with the PD in your ERAS application by mid of february at time of rank list submission by the PDs or you will not be ranked. you have to apply on september 1st week anyway to get the max interviews.
Its safer to have all your results by sep1 when u submit your application as it will improve your application status. Otherwise what flavinoid says is correct.
So, if I lets say take my step 1 on July 30th...and I plan step 2 ck 3.5 months later , ie in mid november, can I apply with cs and step 1 scores only? Will I get any interviews? And then by mid february of next year my step 2 ck results will be sent in well in time for the ranking....Is this time line going to be okay?

I am trying to do things fast fast as fast as possible but I do not want to jeaopardize my score !!....
dont be in a hurry to give your steps..the competition is intense..try to max your scores..if u r in the us, do something alongside like research or obsie..if u r in india, try research

there are veteran warriors here you havent matched..and some who did after fighting for several years..

with that said, there is light at the end of the tunnel..considering the caliber of some of the matched people this year (like hamzakhan or target99), the future looks promising

if you r a woman, wear a short black mini skirt for your interview
but this is the fourth year after my graduation....I dont want to be considered old img by the 5 year filter....thats why i am applying this year...I am not working right now...Just studying for steps....
what were you doing for the past 4 years? didnt this cross your mind before? what bolt of lighting struck you suddenly?

anyways, i understand your point -- look, you are right as far as grad is concerned..> 5 and you become an aunty or an uncle(depending on your sex) --- but if you screw up your scores, you can kiss your dream goodbye altogether..

so aim high..try to complete your targets by sept 1...but dont compromise on scores...with 95+ scores and usce, you may still match next year..with 80s, you may become yet another veteran fighter you died while fighting

wear a red mini skirt for morning walk
btw..did you graduate in 2007 or 2008?
yikes! Did I just say something wrong....Yes this bolt of lightening did strike me only now....After graduation I worked two years in my home country assisting a doctor in a private clinic. Then I spent one yesr taking the post graduation entrance exams in my country. When I didnt get in I came back to the US and here I am....struggling to do usmles by sept 1st!! I just took cs and am waiting for result. Now i dunno when to schedule step 1...and most people say that they toom several months to study for step 1...I am still trying to hurry up. So, I need some help planning my schedule here becoz I want to send in my application this year. Please help. Thanks. Can you tell me how I shud plan it out now. Thanks.
i had 82 in step 1 and i studied the maximum for it---around 6mnths..i had 91 in step 2ck and i studied 3 months..had 92 in step 3 and studied 2.5mnths

so you see a relation - marks inversely proportional to time..why?

1: treat it as an exam - so do exam oriented study. for step 1 i studied from textbooks because i saw many low caliber idiots in my college mugging up usmleworld..that was a mistake i did

2: month 1 -spend at max a month rapidly reading kaplan lecture notes and do the concept checkers after every module..if you can get some videos, watch them as you study notes..but just a month

2: month 2 (25 days)-- start with usmle world...give a single timed test everyday...then revise every question and make notes...gradually increase that to 2 tests coz towards the end questions repeat

3: month 2 (25 days) - take an nbme and evaluate

4: month 2 (25 to 30th) -- take times tests for your incorrect questions and revise them

5: last month -- study 12-13 hours a day-- revise your usmle world questions as many times as possible, skim through your kaplan notes in between and take 2 cpl of nbme;s

this should gaurantee a score > 90 in 3 months

further question - cyclepsychkal at gmail dot com
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »