Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NBME Form 11 wrong answers - borderline

those are the wrong answers a friend gets but in () is after some researsh what i think the correct answer is ....
NMBE form 11
section 1
3-E (now i think its D mellory weiss)
5- E (now i think its A kawasaki)
6-A (i think now it is non competitive D)
10-B (E)
29- B (not sure C i saw the disscusion in this forum)
32-D (A the key I think is glands not sure)
33-E (stupid mistake it is F collection tubules, trauma = SIADH )
43-A (again a stupid mistake it is B i focus on the image it is classic question california coccidoides )
49-D (i did some researsh the key word is methylation---means decresed transcription so B )

section 2 .
12-E (I have no idea)
23 E (baclofen gaba C)
34 D (thaugt there is a trick now im not sure but I think calcitonin A)
41 B (macrophages I guess ??)
43 A (I know that renal artery gives uretric branches and if you harm them you can have urinoma but why you would you ligate the renal artery in such operation. no idea about the answer)
50 A (was a discussion in the forum and they give B as correct answer)

section 3
18- C (goljan said that is acute inflamation no chage in electrophoresis so i gess the answer is E not sure )
27-C (tricky question i understund the concept but could not get the write answer not Fair ..)
33 - A (F is the correct answer I put the numbers wrong way in the 2by 2 table)
37 - D (was not sure between dogs and bats goljan said that is racoons if I still remember , but no raccon in the choises. so I think it is A bat)
40- F (renal failure mens hyperphosphatemia even if PTH is high so I guess it is D not sure I do not like those arrows questions)
44-B (saw a disscution that was A but I do not understud why it can not be C)
47 D (again hyperphosphatemia with renal prob so I guess it is C)
48 B (I think neuroaminidase is the right answer C)

section 4
2- D (actually i do not have any idea about what the correct answer with thesmoking issue and i get one question like that in the exam . if someone can give us a rule .. please)
4- E (stupid mistake again it is syringo A.. I did not read the choises )
12- C ( did not memorise the name of ropinirole D )
20 E (I don't know may be C 2 naphthylamine = aniline dye = transicional cell cancer but why kidney ? i have no idea. )
23 - E (I think B)
29- E ( i guess D)
33 - D (ubiquitin target protein for degradation so may be B)
40- A (I do not know)
47-D (right answer is C the same question in the form 12 and got it right, thank yearbuih)
48- B (thougt is hypercalceamia but i think know that it is hypothyroidisme E)

good to know you know that.
hey borderline....thanks for this post..
if u have nbme11 block 1 could u plzz forward me at usmleny
thanks.....
Hi guys Im really sorry I did the two form online . I have not the offline version ,
and when you do it online, when you finish they just give you a feed back on your wrong answers . you did not see the questions where you get the correct answer.
But I think there are people on this forum who had the offlin version may be you should contact them .
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »