Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SP for Step 2 CK - examusmle
@ queenidine.

Hey, thanks for dropping by. Don't worry, as grad1980 says, It is not a 'daily thing'. Just touch base with
us once a week if you can. No pressure as there is no hard and fast rule here.to whether or not you would be able to keep up the pace. The idea of this group is to make it work in whichever way that suits us the best.
By the way, please don't be alarmed by my frequent visits to the forum. I do because I have some 'starting trouble' with the engine and am looking for some kind of jump starter!

@roya & usmlestep11
Anyone with similar situation (Finished step 1 recently, doing first reading of kaplan CK, and planning to
give exam in August/September) are welcome to join us. Principle for a good study group is not only to
understand and accommodate each others personal circumstances but also to be sensitive to their
other commitments, even if means giving CS in the middle of CK preparation.

@grad1980
What a coincidence, it is my pulmonology day as well, but I have difficulty to focus, which wasn't
an issue during my step 1 prep. What can I say? I have good and bad days where I would not study at
all one whole day but try and make it up next day putting some extra time etc. . It feels as if I have
PTSD after the pain staking step 1 preparation and now showing 'avoidance' behavior to study for CK.
I am biting my tongue to get over with the first reading of Kaplan, so that I can at least start Q bank to make it more lively..
My e-mail address is bukolaadash.Thanks!
@grad1980 & queenidine

Hey guys, do you mind leaving your email addresses, just to save it in my email list, please?

(Mine is: examusmle)

Thanks.
Hi friends..
I would like to join your group. I am doing first read of kaplan IM, ob/gyn and doing UW online as well. I finished step2 cs exam abt 1& half month ago and waiting for the result. Planning to give exam in mid july. My email id is thaaj.mle.
Thanks and happy studying Smile
hello examusmle, i'm mailing u my email id, don't want to display it publicly.
Hey, count me in...Im planning to take in Late July. My study materials are Kaplan lecture, MTB 3 and recently got Yale-G. I'm also planning to have Uworldfor the next 2months. I would really like to have some motivational partners just to keep you going. I'm working like 2 days/week 12 hrs shift now so that would give me more days to study..Looking forward to this new fellowship of the CK...Im an old grad by the way 1990's so I'm kinda slow.
my email address is pryjon
My weekend report :

I finished internal medicine. Sorry I slept of last night
Whilst putting my baby to sleep!

Welcome thaaj and planters...
hi examusmle, good, ur done with medicine, i think i'd need 3 more days or 4 to finish my first reading since all that is left now are chapters of emergency medicine, toxicology n CNS,i wonder y they are at the end? i'm using the 2008-2009 kaplan edition. so when we're done with medicine, should we start with surgery? or obs gyne?
Grad,

Try and finish lM if possible this weekend
(Only if you can).

I'm thinking of doing dvds this weekend
and will start a new subject from Monday.

It would be easy to understand paediatrics if
U study immediatly after medicine.

So my choice would be paeds. What do u think?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »