Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Administrative procedure 221g - sure_suceed
hi soniya.... did u get your visa yet... i also interviewed at new delhi embassy on the 1st of june, and was given pink slip, Also, they kept my passport and ds 2019... no news yet for me... my program started orientation last week.... really scared
Nanodoc. I am sorry to hear this. I know what you must be going through. Try emailing them and explain that you have to start ASAP. Usually they don't keep passports with them more than 4 weeks.
Hi sure_suceed, thanks for the reply and the suggestion.... do u have an idea of where i should email them (through the VFS/ the same email address where i submitted my documents).... any suggestions would be very helpful.... thanks, and congrats on getting your visa!!!
Mail the VFS or call them.. That would be helpful I think. Good luck!
Have been calling the VFS regularly almost every other day, but always the same answer.... your passport is in the consulate undergoing processing... either call back tomorrow, or nothing you can do to expedite your case.....

But, i have not tried emailing yet.... Do you think that would be more helpful.
Hey Nanodoc

I just wanted to ask what kind of 221g you have been given and what was the reason told to you by them for the delay as I am facing the same issue from the kolkata consulate for H1 and they told me it can take upto 8 weeks also so really worried......
Hope to hear good news sooner than that....and dont get worked up as its not our fault rather just explain to your PC they will understand happens a lot every year....
keep me posted.....
Hi gmailophobia,

sorry to hear that you are in the same situation as me....

no specific reason was given, just that more processing needs to be done but I suspect mine might be a TAL check because of previous research that I have done... I was also told to email my resume, some references, invitation/offer letter and a questionnaire in word format to the consulate, which I have done...

Also, have updated the PD and the PC about my situation, but no response from their end.... so really worried... have also tried calling but could not get through Sad
Same problem at the Kolkata Consulate. No additional documents requested. Only administrative procedure ticked. they said one and a half to two months!!!!
I went for h1 visa.
Does anyone know of people going through the same situation before?
two of my friend last year one got in 6 weeks and other in 4 weeks,,and one of my friend wating this year along with me from past 7 weeks and no response so far,,,,visa is awaited for clearance in washington..
@leftw
I have the same problem in Kolkata consulate just lemme know when was ur interview and what exactly happened coz I have the same problem and waiting since 14th June and I know it is agonizing but its not in our hand it usually takes 4-6 weeks and dont worry just tell me what happened in your case and which colour slip you got??
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »