Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Administrative procedure 221g - sure_suceed
gmailophobia

It was just a day before yours!!
4-6 weeks is what they told us there, but looking at all the horror stories on the internet I don't know.

Even soniya_sharma's 7 weeks is awful.

I have a pink slip. Which one do you have?

@ soniya_sharma: which consulate did you go to?
Leftw
I have pink slip and they had some issues with my name or something they said it will take 4-6weeks and even more but I have been told tht our residency cases finish off fast lemme knoe if they told you why are they sending your case for admin processing so tht we can atleast relate the incidents...hang in thre and dont read google forums they all are jst negative cases lets hope we get out fast,,keep me updated....
gmailophobia

Keep up the positiveness!!

They did not give me any reason. I have an extremely common name and from what I am told, it is probably a name check!

I know somebody who went to the New Delhi embassy on 16th June (not the with a common name) and got the same thing. Somehow it looks like they have increased the number of 221(g) refusals this year. Haven't heard of so many Indians having to go through this before!

I hope you're right about the expedited review for us residency cases.
i interviewed at new delhi embassy,,,,,@ gmailophobia who told u this that our case usually run on fast track,,, u heard it or told via VO??
Hi guys..
I am in the same boat... it has been 6 weeks and still counting Sad
anyone.... got positive update????
no response yet.....did u talk to ur university to send an inquiry regarding this?? our visas are waiting in washington to get clear..
@soniya..........do you have any idea where should they inquire?... has your program done so?.. I tried calling at 202-663-1225 no. couple of times.. but got standard reply everytime...
useless numbers are given on site,,,they ll say its under processing even if passport reaches ur home....i havent asked my program to do so but ll ask them tommorrow....one of my friend is waiting for 3 months but it was B1B2,,,,but i dont believe they consider visa status while waiting for approval.

all pending visas go to washigton for approval before handed over to us.
Guys just dont spread panic by listening to stories from one person or other..just hold on, it is going to take the same time whatever you do..there is no fixed time like 6 weeks or 3 months like how a few ppl on this forum are trying to project.good luck to everyone..be patient and keep us updated..good news will come soon.. :-)
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »