Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
my result CK 249/99 :) - sheeom
thanks everybody .
may god bless success ,success and success to everybody WHO are waiting for their result ,WHO are trying again ,WHO are going to write CK soon and CONGRATULATIONS my friends who passed today ..
gave step 1 on nov 23 ,got result 244/99 on dec15
after that in january i started perparation for step 2 ck .
gave exam in 2nd May and got result in 22May IT IS 249/99..
study material i used is
1.kaplan text books 2008-9 --revised two times
2.Master the boards got it 1 month before my exam on 2may ,revised it two times
3.kaplan q book ,did questions of all subjects but could not finish 6 sections of medicine from it ,i was getting 78 percent,i did not get time to revise it .
4.uworld got 70 average for first time and second time 81 percent correct ,95th percentile ,revised it 2 times ahd 2 1/2 times wrong questions ,i did it in mixed mode as i did in step 1 and my final score were very close to the average score i got for the first time but for better understanding and second time rivision you may do it subject wise .
5.first AID Q and A --average score was 75 first time , i did not get time to revise it .
6.UWSA gave on date 3 weeks before exam 262/720
TOTAL time taken 4month full time 8-10 hours study ,i wasted time in between may be 10-15days in these 4 month.
7. i did not do any online NBME but i did solved form 1 nbme offline ,i got 86 percent correct .
my suggestions is
1.time management is key ,very very important ,
2.i entered exam centre and started block one ,meanwhile i was thinking lighting and some thing is wrong with exam environment me today ,i did not realise anything but at 32 Q remembered i forgot my speckle -antiglare and at that moment i was panicky and i solved rest of the questions like in rapid succession.
after that in 2nd block i felt less time ,rest blocks i finished in time ..
i took breaks after 2 blocks ,snacks in between ..simple sandwich and fruit juice .
overall exam was satisfactory but first tow block scared me a lot ..
3.it is better to write it as soon as you finish step 1 ..
4,use minimum study material and revise it many times ..thats the best tips i could suggest everybody .
i would be glad to reply any questions ..
Smile
Congratulations !

Did you do any NBME ? I don't see you mentioned it.

congrats very good score
no NBME online ,just solved offline NBME form 1 ,got 86 in that ..
no nbme ,also for step 1 i did not assess myself with NBME ,I just took USWA for both steps ..
Smile
@stepeena . thanks ..wish you GOOD LUCK FOR YOUR RESULTS TOO.. Smile
congrats sheeom!
congratulations, hope you can concentrate on step 3 now. my q is what is your opinion on kaplan qbank, for people with time management problem do you think it is a must and also how long it would take to do it. i know that you are preparing for step 3 now, may i ask you how long is needed to prepare for step 3 after taking step2ck. your response would be greatly appreciated.
best wishes my fnd. gt success. be a nice doc in usa. i am a beginer. if i do im from mtb2, rest from mtb3, girls note, uw online ,, is it ok? i think read kaplan will take time 3 monts if i want remember them. what would u sugest!!
@padarjan thanks .
i could not finish kaplan q bank ,i did all subject except few blocks of medicine ,i did not have time for that so i left it ..questions and its explanations are not that awesome as u world ..

i would say do as much as question from anywhere you get ,i did almost 4000 thousand questions ..

for step 3 ,it is just the beginning for me ,let me finish few months then i will let you know how long it takes for 50 percent to do once ..
Smile
hey sheeom congrats,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
one question,,,what u sugest abt pshychiatry???????
is step 1 behavioral scince and step 2ck pshychiatry same or different?????????
can i use step 1 behavioral science book for step 2ck psychiatry,,,??????
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »