Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To Applicant Guide - hatsoff
Im currently in my homecountry, just came back from us 3 weeks ago and will be joining a job soon (2 days). My us visa was only for a year which I used for givin CS (twice), doing observerships, externships and Step 3. I was wondering that now when I re-apply for visa this year do I wait for iv calls or I just apply stating that im anticipating interviews. I offcourse would be working here in india at that time. I wanted to be in US by sep 1st for applying and attending iv's thereafter. Waiting time to get the visa interview date here is 2 weeks min. I need a visa ready in hand to fly there on time.

I just dont wana be refused the visa as im desperate to do residency there. Can I use the above mentioned as a basis for obtatining visa or I need to wait for the iv calls and then proceed with the visa interview? The later seems a huge risk to me as I might not be able to make it there in time (god forbid that please) PLZ GUIDE.
Thanx !!
BUMP
Hi, if the time for visa is just 2 weeks then you can apply at time you get your first invite as you will be offered by the programs wide range of dates usually ending in late january.
Thanks.
But just to be safe, can i not apply now?
Are the chances of rejection higher now than when i get the 1st invite?
And, why would i wana postpone the interview dates when every1 knows that a lot of community programs (where im hoping to match) fill up their positions through prematches.
Ans is it okay to disclose in the visa interview about your previous observership externship experiences? (if they ask me how i utilized my period of stay when i was in US the last time? )
Thanks again.
There will be no prematches this year most likely (till now this is their plan as per NRMP). You may mention about your previous USCE to improve your profile with them. I advice you to apply later because some embassies will ask for an evidence of interview invite.
sorry, this year there will be prematches, the ALL-IN-ONE policy will be applied next year it seem. But anyway most people get their visas in 2 weeks, you should be fine.
Thanks.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »