Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
to applicantguide - sheel
HI applicantguide,

My scores are step 1 82(2nd attempt), STEP2 92, CS PASSED, gc, YOG 2004 SOON TO TAKE STEP 3 , 3 US LORS AND I MONTH EXTERNSHIP IN fm.

I have been applying widely in Family medicine and Psychiatry since 2 years. I didnot get any interviews?

What are my chances this year?Has anyone with an attempt matched anywhere?

Please advise
Hi

I want to prepare for Family Medicine as well. Are you finding hard to find a match?

Thank you.
Antonio Retamal
Yes many people each year match even if they have attempts. Work on your personal statement, get US LORs and apply widely to the programs that invite IMGs each year (even if you can apply to all of them this will increase your chance to get more FM interviews). As a GC holder I would also advice you to apply to IM widely.
HI Retamal

I am applying for FM this year ...What is your plan of action?

To applicantguide,

Thanks a lot. Does it help to do more externships of observership in FM or getting step3 score would help more?
More externship within acceptable limits may give you more chances. Step 3 if you have bad score may ruin your chances but a good score may not differe much as you already don't need visa but it will be a good idea to finish it before residnecy.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »