Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To xtopher........ - forever07
I really appreciate your help to forum members.

I have one query regarding USCE.

If I have 3 months Externship, 3 months observership, 6 months volunteer. So all together 12 months.

Should I eligible to apply to those programs with criterior of USCE 1 yr?

Should I try ?

Or does USCE mean only Externship?

Thanks for your answer xtopher!
forever07,

I aint no xtopher but here what I know:

Girl, you have one year of USCE already!!!

Good luck!
"One year of USCE" is a way that programs discriminate against IMGs. Your USCE may add up to one year but big university programs will define USCE as 12 months of student clearkships or a full year of internship. This of course is impossible for 4999 of the 5000 IMGs that apply to Internal Medicine.

Your USCE is terrific but because you have not had your clinical skills evaluated in a formal student clearkships or internship setting some university programs will see you as a "high risk" applicant. The reason that the CS exam was invented was to evaluate clinical skills - but big univeristy programs don't view it as helpful in determining candidates to match (unless of course you don't pass the CS).

The definition of USCE should not stop you from applying, just be aware that those programs that require "1 year" will probably not agree with your definition of 12 months and not interview you.

What I would do is contact those that you worked with and have them lobby programs on your behalf. You likely have a lot of people who are willing to support your application.
Hi Patho...nice to see you around, come here frequently....Glad to hear u comment!

Dear xtopher,

I really thank you for what you have explained in details.

That is very reasonable and thanks again for your high light. I will try my best.
forever,

well whenever I find time from helping the guy(s) on the step3 site, I come here. How are you doing?

I am kind of busy lately patho, btw, thank you for your files. I wish you all the best.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »