Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Radiology training in India - med2011
An unconventional question, most people want to come to the US/west for training. But I am genuinely interested in Radiology training in India, for a non-Indian, I would be grateful if you can answer the following:

1- Can foreigners do PG training in India?
2-What are the excellent training institutions in India, esp. in Radiology?
3-Regarding radiology training, are there modern imaging modalities in the teaching hospitals, esp. modern MRI/CT?
4-If you can't apply for paid training jobs (which I presume would be the case), how much does it cost for self funded doctors in terms of fees and expenses etc?
5-Are there licensing exams you have to sit? Or will having the USMLE/PLAB/LMCC sufice as an alternative.

I am NOT interested in using the certificate to immigrate to first world country later on, I just want a decent well rounded and genuine Radiology training. I have met many excellent Indian doctors who did all of the training in India, it is a shame they had to take their skills outside their country and live far from their families.

Thank you.
Anyone?
Any caring Indian doc that can advice. Any Indian trained radiologists?
Yes u can. All u need to do is,, obtain Medical council of india licence by taking Mci entrance conducted for FMGs. for that please visit Mci site for further details.
You would have to read the Indian entrance books. And i guess the competition in India is fierce. So be ready to work hardest!!
GL
@notimeforfun thanks for reply.
Do you know of any excellent training places? Can anyone recommend any place? How long is Radiology training in India? 4 years? What is work like there? Is there a similar on call set up as in the West?
i dunno all the answers to your questions. but i ll tell wat i know. there are a large no of good medical colleges like AIIMS delhi, CMC ludhiana, Vellore medical mission, JIPMER and many more. you can google out for something like top medical colleges in India. there are merit and paid seats. i ve heard paid seats in radiology cost around 1 crore... you may get some more details via net. also pls check on your eligibility criteria. again the all india pg exams are really tough, for which you ve lots coaching centers in almost all top cities including delhi, chennai, banglore etc...
also, most places offer good salary for merit seats...
@dr_23585id Thank you for replying for the information. Do you know how long Radiology training in is in India? 1 Crore is around a quarter of million US dollars, wow that is very expensive, even if it is for the whole duration of training.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »