Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oct 1st week test takers: Let's team up - thisisonlymyusername
V –entering rostral pons. Have:
1. Motor Nucleus (in lower medulla) for the mm of mastication
2. Main sensory nucleus of V-just for facial touch
3. Spinal nucleus of V (pain and temperature)
4. Mesencephalic Nucleus of V –proprioception, muscle positioning.
1st order neuron is in the trigeminal ganglion, 2nd order neuron I sin the spinal nucleus of V and 3rd I sin the VPM.Lesion in rostral pons loss in pain and temperature ONLY.
Corticobulbar Innervation is UMN to LMN in cranial nerve nuclei.(V,VII,X,XII,XI ). Usually is B/L except some of the VII receive the B/L innervation. With central lesion of UMN with VII we wil have ONLY contralateral lower face weakness bc the forehead receive B/L innervation. With Bell’s palsy we will have ipsylateral complete face weakness (upper and lower face)
To be continued..
Antonella
Components of EAR:
1. Two air filled spaces: the external ear and the middle ear (malleus, incus, and stapes to amplify sounds-sound wave vibrates and increase the force per unit area). Conductive hearing loss is due to loss of the amplification of the ossicles due to infection or sclerosis.
2. Inner Ear (Fluid Filled Space that have hair receptor cells that are floating in the endolymph high in K and low in Na).Meniere disease is a problem of floating of the endolymph and hair cells will not work and problem with balance and tinnitus and ringing in the ear and vertigo.

Hearing organ of Corti has auditory hair cells. Review the scala and basilar membrane. The base with high pitched sounds and the apex with low pitched sounds.
The VESTIBULAR SYSTEM
Two kind of receptors and one I sin the utricle and sacule (bags of endolymph) that is responsible for the LINEAR ACCELERATION (upright position movement) and AMPULLA from the semicircular canals (patch of hair cells) that are responsible for ANGULAR acceleration.(different changes in head position)
AUDITORY PROCESSING is “I HEARD THAT”..
We have 3 neurons:
1st-I hear that.from the cochlear hair cells to spiral ganglion
2nd.Localize sounds in space by cochlear nucleus projecting B/L to superior olivary nucleus in PONS (sound localization)
Lateral meniscus-(Midbrain) acoustic information
3.MGB to primary auditory cortex of Broadman 41 and 42.
To be continued tomorow..
Antonella

yesterday i could only do one n a half chapter, neoplasia n vascular disrders. i'm already behind my schedule, but i gotta keep moving.

TODAY'S GOAL INSHA'ALLAH:

Goljan: complete vascular disorders, heart, RBCs, WBCs and lymphoid tissue

I dont know if im kidding myself, but if i aim for the sky then i might hit a bird!!

GL

*Antonella: its great ur posting all of anatomy and whatnot, but out of all respect, can u please make ur own post about this.... some ppl might not be studying anatomy with u, and well i have to keep scrolling and skipping ur stuff to read the motivational daily progress of people. thanks.
@antonella thanks a lot
hi guys.. yesterday didnt work out..!!
today's target to complete physio endocrine with vedios and immuno 3 chps with vedios..
@antonella thanks for ur anatomy post. as drsahiba said if it is in a single thread only anatomy then all of us can access easily. thanks a lot
@antonella : I think I agree with drsahiba on that one. Please don't feel bad antonella. you will just have to copy paste into a new thread..

As for me I had stayed up the whole night working on th lipoprotein part of vascular disorders, and so, I just couldn't help sleeping through the whole day Sad
Woke up at 3.30 in the afternoon Sad need to set my schedule in order since I am planning to test in the morning 8 AM session.
Will try to finish the rest of vascular disorders from goljan in the next three hours and then go to bed on time.

@drsahiba : You mean you keep progressing to newer chapters, and try to clear the previous backlog alongside?
@thisisonlymyusername.. how is it going?
@cilastatin : Hey Smile The good news is that, well, it IS moving. The bad news is : I am slow.
How much of immunology have you been able to finish? Are you doing immunology from kaplan that has microbio and immuno together in the same volume?
@thisisonlymyusername.. yes its the same kaplan only.. too slow with me also.. im trying to listen vedios too.. im finding difficult to follow book alone..

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »