Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
for the international doctors who took the uslme - julie1118
hi uslme forum members,

I need your advise about the exam, is it possible to take this test for the doctors who graduated a long years ago outside the USA, especially for women who has kids, family, I am confused and thinking about it, to prepare to exam or just start from zero to get another profession like nursing, etc. I was just looked a little bit for qq in kaplan qbank, and there are a lot of hard qq, I mean in English (because it is a second language for me), what to do???

Take a time to prepare to exam or Quit the dream of a Doctor?

I will wait for your answers, dear doctors!!!
My dear,dont be discouraged. I know its tasking but dont give up. Remember you have come a long way. There is no going back. Remember all the hard work you went thru in medical school. Pls dont give up. You need it more for your family. I am a mother too with five kids. I still try my best. PLS Julie1118 dont give up.
Statistically, the pass rate is less than 60% in the first attempt among foreign trained Doctors, and worst off with subsequent attempts. I had very poor results in my earlier attempts in in spite of intense preparation with claiming of ton of facts. I eventually had a good score when I understood the Principle of Concept in answering questions you do not even know the details. If you are a foreign trained, do not kid yourself on what you know.
There was no way I could have passed being a foreign trained Doctor and having left School for quite a while without access to these videos and notes.

For more information go to this link: http://www.taringa.net/posts/ciencia-edu...got-245_99.
thank you very much onyibaby for your support, I will try to do it, but I don't know how much time do I need, good luck to you, I wish the best.
Hi Julie 1118, I am on the same boat with you. I graduated medical school almost 20 years ago. People told me that the chance to get residency for the very old graduated doctor like me is too low. But ... I don't want to give up. I am trying my best to fulfill my dream even it seems impossible to do it. Please don't give up. Give you a chance to do it before you decide to change your career.
Onyibaby, you are so good. How can you handle between taking care for 5 kids, working and studying. How many hours you study everyday? When are you planning to take test? Your trying encourage me so much.
All the best for your guys.
Dont quit try it before u feel... I should have tried it long back.Like me.... Im worried about the long cv gap now and feel low to give exams.
I am a mother with two kids,and I have not taken the USMLEs yet.I had to try doing many different things as the required support to pass USMLE was never there for me. And I simply could not put my life before my children's. So I had to do the hardest thing on earth and that was to wait till my kids are litte older and thus do not need me very minute. I did lose some professional years from my life but this period also made me wiser and more patient. After a significant time lapse here I am again.I think I owe it to myself to give this doable set of licensure tests(It will not make me a doctor, I already am, it is just giving me a license to practice at a place of my choice). Actully I just started today( Kaplan pathology) and I know my many breaks will make the process complicated and lengthy,but I am here to claim my dream on a rain check,wish me luck and the same to you.
@rzk2011,i am so impressed with you. Keep up the good works. It is well,ok. We can come together study too so as to help each other. I am a mother of 5 kids but i am extremely willing to study and get my licence. My children shld not be more excuses for me. You can reach me on email address---- nnenna.nanim. Thanks.@ Julie 1118,you can as well join. Bye
@onybaby,thanks a lot.I will save your email, once I get myself little more situated, i will contact you and also you will see my posts on and off and know i am working towards my goal....one step at a time. Good luck to everybody! Stay healthy and safe.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »