Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it ok to apply for multiple residency programs? - shmab83
I am an IMG from India. I am mainly interested in Internal Medicine. As a backup plan, I would like to apply for other programs also(Pediatrics and Family Medicine).

Please let me know if I will reduce my chances if I apply for multiple programs. That is, if the program directors know about this will they feel that I am not focused? Or Do they have any chance of obtaining this information from ERAS or other sources?
many do it, good strategy.
but yes, it shows lack of focus "if" PDs find out.... but they can pretty much determine your interest from the CAF.
thanks for the reply!!!!btw ,wat do you mean by CAF? is there any means by which they can find out that i have applied to multiple programs..???
no they cannot.
CAF is the residency application and i meant to say that based on your experience etc that you fill in the CAF, they can guess your specialty of interest
yeup...u can and u shud....no worries abt the pds or else...they wud be bombarded by zillinon ps/applicants....aint going to memorise u ..... the worst case , u might get ivs in a small program like in im and fm....and u face em over the iv.... again, it is less likely to happen.... ..actually, it is not professional for them to ask u such things or reasoning... at least try to get as many as ivs u can....then u can find a way or story or plan for such things if come up! gl
agree with john2007, especially if your programs were selected from the lists that are on my site (google: applicantguide residency programs)
I agree with John's post!
yes, but make sure these programs are listed in my IMG friendly lists.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »