Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
perfect time for step 3 - residency12k
hi

i have score of 80/83/ cs 1 st attempt ... will i get any interviews without step 3 ?

my question is when should i take step 3 .. b4 interviews in october/nov or in mid

september ??

which is more beneficial ? i have stay issue too coz i stayed for 6 months this year .. they

might give me stay for 3 months ..
how much differnce it gonna make ? bcoz usually IMG gets interview in NOV N DEC ...

if i get my result by mid nov is it ok ?
its okay.. you can give it whenever..
if result comes , they ca get it fro eras.
step 3 does not have much bearing on interviews unless you performed absolutely stellar or bombed so poorly that you failed. get it done, so that you can leverage the H1B clause.
chances for interviews ? in community programs wd this scores ?
1- if u have time and wanna to improve...dont ask when....time is when u can get that high score u want.
2- if u want to get rid of and try h visa, then u have to have the result at least 20days before June 1st 2012...then u have to pay 1000$ extra for premium h visa process.....IF U get such ivs of course!
3- u can wait and see if u can get ivs and match=>then if u need to have step 3in hand for any reason like h visa, u can rush to pass it ..... and if u fail, u have to go for j visa.....but if u dont get ivs....wht is the reason to rush for ur test to get a low score or fail?
4-if u r tired and wanna to get rid of, as i said, try to be ready to at least pass it to get rid of as soon as u can...some programs like passing score in step3...most of NY programs...all they ask is a passing step3....depends how many have better scores than u... step 3 may help to get more ivs.....or not(depends ....if there are lots of ppl with better scores and step3=>then chance of those with lower score wud be less...if none). gl
thanks john 2007.............
well said john2007, exactly the same thoughts but i was too tired last night to type a response.
i am worried about getting interviews with this score of 80/83 on step 1/2 .......... n 4 months of externship ...

i am afraid i will not get any interview call with this low score .........

wat do u think will i be able to get 5-6 interviews from IM/FM ???

i will be applying in around 100 progams ... univ/ community both .......

hey i have similar scores as you... i have 82/81/cs 1 st attempt.. I had applied last year but in november but didn't get any interviews...

i know noone tells where they did their externship from.. but i would like to know if it was paid or free?? and if it was free did you get it thru someone you know??? Because if you did not get it thru someone you know that means that I can still have hopes...

I think the externship puts you in a better position for interviews.. and I myself am preparing for step 3 because I think that a decent step 3 score could also help get interviews.

hope that helps

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »