Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
pathophysiology of DIC n HIT - bsky99
plz explain me their pathophysiology..
who is uncontrolled coagulation cascade n fibrinolytic cascade ?
plz explain me plz
in dic.....there is a decrease of coagulation factors and platelets as well.....many facttors cause DIC ...most common sepsis,amniotic fluids leaks

in hit.....it is of two forms.Antibodies formed against the complex of platelet-heparin induces the activation of the platelets and they finally clog up.bleeding time rises up and platelet plugs are formed in the circulation....
thanks tejabvrm

57 years old man has been hospitalized for 2 days for tx of unstable angina pectoris.He is currently receiving heparin and undergoing evaluation for coronary bypass grafting.His BP 160/90,pulse 88/min,respiration 16/min ..Lab value..
plt 90,000/mm3
PT 12sec (INR-1.1)
PTT 35sec
Which of the following is the most likely cause of these finding?
A. Excessive plt drestruction
B. factor VII deficinecy
C. Inadequate plt production
D. Uncontrolled activation of coagulation and fibrinolytic cascades
E. Vitamin K deficiency

pls answer n explain me
DIC is both bleeding time n clotting time prolong bcos decrease clotting factors n platelets .So patient comes with bleeding from venepunture site .

HIT is both thrombocytopenia and thrombosis result new blood clots elsewhere in the body after taking heparin...this is due to non-immue n immue factor .

Is this correct ?----> tejabvrm

thanks tejabvrm
@ bsky...
ya ur absolutely right buddy.....i think the answer is D....after ruling off the other options....
@ bsky....
hey iam not sure about the option D.....it might be A.......
becuase the option D is denoting ongoing DIC process in the body....
wahts the answer ??? let me know this
iam confused he he he he.............!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think A too ....this is nbme n they said D but who knows the right answer? ...that's why I m confused DIC n HIT ..
hmmmmm activation of coagulation n fibrinolytic cascades ---> that could be thrombosis so answer is D .
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »