Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obgyn Applicants gather here. - usmle.obgyn
I agree with yg1980. Not much of the IMG pool apply to OBGYN so it may not be appropriate to generalize the stats. But you have excellent credentials and a GC which should make your path much easier. To my knowledge, if you have been clinically active since your school many programs do consider that. i wish you all the best.

Regarding FM, I am also applying to 30 programs. FM may be less competetive than OBGYN but as many IMGs apply to it as a back up, it could also be tough ! My two cents!
Good forum. Any one applied to California in OBGYN? I heard applying there is a bit tough?
Yeah...not only getting a position but also applying is difficult. You have to first get the PTAL which requires a lot of documents from your school, and the whole process takes about 6-9 months before you get PTAL. Moreover your PTAL reamins valid for 1 year. There are not many IMG friendly programs in OBGYN in California.
My first rejection Summa Akron City hospital.
Reason graduation year should be no later than May 2009
Hey everybody

Img 2009
Step1 239 2nd attempt
Step2 243
Cs pass
1month observership
2 us lor / 1 home

Rejection: summa heath , the reading PA
Guys keep this page alive by posting
Good luck everyone
Rejection - Reading hospital. No reason mentioned Sad
@naion how many programs did you apply to?
I applied to 120 programs. Applied to all the programs that accept J1 visa or can sponsor H1b.
How many did you apply?
can somebody tell me which program in ob/gyn is less competitive for me to apply?any advice on my credentials what should I apply?fm?ob/gyn? any idea?
step one 218
step2 236
cs passed 3 months us experience greencard holder
past residency in my country
10 years experience in ob/gn
yog 1994
@naion 73 or 75

@olagh man nkbody can know witch pro is competitiv , lately everything is competitiv but nothing impossible , some faith plus some luck and hopefully we all get a match. But in general the community hospital are less chalanging then the university one , your score are great the onlything that wont help you is the graduation year.

@everybody guys its start getting harder to find this page , please keep it alive , i know eras is slow that why nobody is posting , but just post anything so we can keep it alive

Good luck everyone

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »