Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Personal Assistance - jamespshelley
Thank you again to all of you who have visited my site, made inquiries of my services, and retained me to assist in engineering your Curriculum Vitae and Personal Statements.

The Personal Statement is the most essential component of your residency application. It is the only part of the application that is not based on your test scores or of other people’s perceptions of you. It serves to complement your qualifications and strengths in narrative form and emphasizes the reason for your interest in a particular specialty and residency program. With thousands of applicants to choose from, residency committees depend on personal statements as the decisive factor for candidacy into their program. A well-written personal statement will help distinguish you from all the rest!

I understand the value of time when it comes to the residency application process. Not only do you have to meet the eligibility requirements in order to apply for residency, you must also submit all required documentation by the given deadlines. I also realize the frustration endured when trying to meet the requirement deadlines and, at the same time, create a polished personal statement.

I offer professional writing services to medical students and graduates in need of assistance with their personal statements. I will create your very own unique personal statement based on your experience and background. I will present you with a series of inquiries for which your responses will serve as the foundation for your document. By arming yourself with a solid Personal Statement you Increase your chances of success in getting the residency of your choice.

I offer:

• Fully personalized, professional one-to-one-service
• A professionally written, edited, proofread, and formatted Curriculum Vitae and Personal Statement.

Your Curriculum Vitae is the document that gives much more detail than does your resume about your academic and professional accomplishments. The Curriculum Vitae is often used when applying for:

• Admission to graduate school or as part of an application packet for a graduate assistantship or scholarship.
• Grant proposals.
• Teaching, research, and upper-level administrative positions in higher education.
• Academic departmental and tenure reviews.
• College or university service appointments.
• Professional association leadership positions.
• Speaking engagements.
• Publishing and editorial review boards.
• Research and consulting positions in a variety of settings.
• School administration positions at the superintendent, principal, or department head level.

While your Resume should be kept to from one to two pages, Curriculum Vitae usually are two pages at the minimum and up to eight pages. Common lengths for Curriculum Vitae are one to three pages for bachelor's and master's degree candidates; two to five pages for doctoral candidates; and five or more pages for an experienced academician or researcher. My Curriculum Vitae are concisely written and given a clean, easy-to-read format.

Your Curriculum Vitae will include many, or all, of the following:

• Education
• Master's thesis or project
• Dissertation title or topic
• Course highlights or areas of concentration in graduate study
• Teaching experience and interests
• Research experience and interests
• Consulting experience
• Internships or graduate practice
• Fieldwork
• Publications
• Professional papers and presentations
• Grants received
• Professional association and committee leadership positions and activities
• Certificates and licensure
• Special training
• Academic awards, scholarships, and fellowships
• Foreign study and travel abroad
• Language competencies
• Technical and computer skills

Although Curriculum Vitae often are similar to Resumes, the preferred style, format, and content varies from discipline to discipline.

In addition to a Curriculum Vitae, many candidates require a Personal Statement.

You are welcome to contact me regarding my CV/Personal Statement services. Each inquiry personally is read and processed by me. The entire process is conducted via email and telephone. My fees are contingent upon your pursuit in that there are different requirements for different pursuits.

You are welcome to contact me at: jim@jamespshelley.com

You may visit me at: www.jamespshelley.com

Moderators please note:

USMLE "advertisers" can push their $13,000 programs to assist members to pass exams, but a person can't offer to assist doctors (forum members) to improve their chances for a residency opportunity?

Perhaps there is a way that an advertiser can place their ad in the forums... and pay you for it. Gladly I'd pay for the privilege... have requested information about that process... but never receive a response.

When my postings are removed you are doing your Members a disservice... while I am trying to be of service.

Thank you.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »